• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I'm willing to PAY to get help on this.

M

mysticav

One year trying to upgrade from 8.4 to 8.6 (now 9.0) with no success.

I try to contact plesk support and I don't get any help.

The error is :

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
Up LevelUp Level
MySQL query failed: MySQL server has gone away

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:214
db_query(string 'SELECT id, type, url, priority, enabled, auth_required, login, password FROM ai_vendor_sources')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/autoinstaller/AutoInstallerVendorSource.php:136
AutoInstallerVendorSource::getVendorSources()
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/autoinstaller/AutoInstallerManager.php:209
AutoInstallerManager->install(string 'PLESK_8_4_0', array, boolean false, string '[email protected]', boolean true)
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/autoinstaller_install.php:101

If somebody knows how to fix it. Please let me know. I will pay for the solution.

Heh, no need for that from me... :p

This line here:
MySQL query failed: MySQL server has gone away

Any chance mysql was restarted when you were doing this? Or does it happen every single time you try to do this?

Thanks for your help.

MySQL is working perfectly. Every time I try the upgrade I get this error.

Se attachment. Those are the upgrade options.

Attachments

• upgrade_plesk.png
    upgrade_plesk.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 6
I tried also with autoinstaller, I get a different error. See attachment.

Attachments

• autoinstaller.png
    autoinstaller.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 4
You could pay for a ticket to plesk i think its about 70 bucks and I am sure they would help you.

However as someone who regrets every single day upgrading to 9.0 ( more like swearing and pissed off ) If you are running a production server with alot of clients and don't want to spend all your time on plesk forums fixing the mass of email issues. Losing all your backups when you upgrade the list goes on.

DON'T DO IT! :)

Well that latter autoinstaller error message just means it couldnt talk to the update server. Have you tried upgrading with yum?

Finally I was able to upgrade it via autosinstaller command line. But Plesk 9.0 has some issues. Now horde webmail is not working. (No webmails are installed anymore). Dr Web is not working. And Still, I get the MySQL error when I try to upgrade via Control Panel. Maybe is because I have Fedora 6, and it comes with MySQL 4, but I upgraded it to the latest version (5.1). So Maybe The Plesk version they offer for FC6 could be targeted to MySQL 4.

Anyway, There must be a patch to work with MySQL 5.0.

I don't understand why Plesk 9.0 didn't consider the migration to MySQL 5

Not sure about 5.1 . Did you upgrade mysql before you updated? You really need to stick with the default plesk update files or the much better solution is to add the atomic turtle repo's. He does an amazing job providing updated files that are compatible with plesk products and all for free ( Which a million thanks to him for )

That is correct, Plesk supports Mysql 5.0. It does not support 5.1

My repo is plesk-focused (because I am one of the founders of Plesk :p), and everything in it I run on a plesk system in one way or another.

Finally I got the solution, even with 5.1

You just need to increase the timeout in mysql conf file:/etc/my.cnf

wait_timeout = 120
connect_timeout = 120

Hey thanks for the followup, thats great news. I might add mysql 5.1 packages to atomic now. Please let us know if you encounter any other problems with it (no matter how minor!)

Back