• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ImageGallery deleted

I

idagroup

Hello,

we have a strange problem with the ImageGallery module.
I'm able to add a new gallery page to a website, I'm also able to add categories and images to it. I can edit and move the pictures without any problems, BUT: as soon as I publish the site and go back to the gallery, every change or adding a new picture will result in a empty ImageGallery.

There is no error message if I'm using the "Multiple Image Upload" but after uploading just no images in the list.
If I use the "Image Upload" (Single, line by line upload), I get this error message:

Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Modules/Transport/Client/Socket.php; Line: 592

and if the picture is smaller then a 100kb r so, I get:

Cannot execute a request to the site. The request post is empty. Please contact the server administrator.

Why does it work BEFORE publishing, but never again after?

Thanks,
Robin

We are also experiencing Gallery issues since the upgrade to v4. We lost our content with the upgrade.

Did you find a solution for this one?

Netvantage Web Hosting

No, unfortunately not and nobody ever answered or was of any help for us. But if we gonna find out, I post the solution here an would appreciate if you could do the same.

Thanks,
Robin

Can this error be reproduced all the time? If so please give me exactly steps to reproduce it. I will try it on my server.

Was it upgrade or clean installation?
When did you get this error for the first time?
Try to check Sitebuilder admin Logs section, apache error log and Sitebuilder error log files directly on the server for more details.

Originally posted by idagroup
Hello,

If I use the "Image Upload" (Single, line by line upload), I get this error message:

and if the picture is smaller then a 100kb r so, I get:

Why does it work BEFORE publishing, but never again after?

Thanks,
Robin

Hi,

i have a similar problem with the image gallery, where i always loose all pictures, maybe the bugs have the same origin:

It s reproducable:

When we change the Publishing location we loose all the content: the following errors appears

"Cannot find data of 'ImageGallery' module (id is '8nhqsos1v9d', site alias is 'highlight-webdesign.de', owner is 'web17'). All module data has been lost."

The problem/ the method is that our resellers are preparing the sites with "preparing accounts" and then we change the publishing location to transfer it to the right account - so we always loose the data.

How can we avoid that? - Is that problem known?

Saludos
Andreas~

The thing is that all modules data is stored on published side and as I know this is made by design. So when publish location is changed and site is published to new location all modules data will be lost. For now, before publishing to new location all data from old place should be copied to new one and only then customer can publish the site. In this case everything should be fine.
There is already feature request exists for Sitebuilder developers to resolve this situation in appropriate way and hope it will be done in future Sitebuilder releases.

Well anyway, it does not work to copy everything to the new account; you getting errors messages with the site and the wizzard; because there are path definitions or something like that, so that the data is not refound.

Any other ideas or a patch, because this is really a problem if someone created a gallery with 200 pics!

Hope someone has an idea, because i need to transfer some accounts
Andreas

That s is hard for 10 galleries and eachone with 50 -200 pics :(

Re: Re: ImageGallery deleted

Originally posted by Dmitry Frantsev
Can this error be reproduced all the time? If so please give me exactly steps to reproduce it. I will try it on my server.

Was it upgrade or clean installation?
When did you get this error for the first time?
Try to check Sitebuilder admin Logs section, apache error log and Sitebuilder error log files directly on the server for more details.

I happen something like, How can that be because of this?. It is a problem that can bring serious consequences for customers, and I would like to know if there is anything that is wrong in our system or if it is able to correct an error of sitebuilder, communicate.

Back