• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IMP/Horde Blank Page redirect.php

jas8522

Basic Pleskian
Hello everyone,

When attempting to login to webmail, login process stops at redirect.php with a blank page in Firefox. In Safari I get "Safari cannot open the page, The error was: lost network connection (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)" and a bit more info. With IE I get the usual "Page cannot be displayed" error.

This happens with every domain I tested (so I'm assuming it's happening with all of them). The mail server is functioning properly - as mail can be received with any mail client. I found a couple solutions on the forums here, one of which was to edit httpd.includes and add a couple PHP values, which did not work. Another one suggested that mail is disabled - not the case. A third one suggested disabling and re-enabling the domain, so I did so for one of the domains.

This did work, but only for a little bit - when I went back to login later (after thinking it was fixed), it was doing the same thing again.

We did not do any upgrades, or change any PHP values, or install any new software.

I tried removing the horde/IMP RPM's (RHEL3 box), then both installing from ART's repository, as well as through the autoupdater - both reinstalled fine, but I ended up with the same problem.

This is the first time I've run in to a problem like this where no changes were done to the server (ie: no updates of any kind or new installs), yet a problem occurred. During the attempts to fix it, all the RPM's for the control panel were updated to the latest versions (it's been 7.5.4 for many months, these were the minor recent updates), but this was after there already was a problem.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated since I'm not sure where to look anymore!

[EDIT: I have now also tried recompiling PHP, Apache, imap and SSL to no avail]

Thanks,

Jordan

Some new info

Alright,

I've changed open file limits, I've changed server max processes limits, and I've recompiled PHP, Apache, and Imap. I've rolled back to an earlier version of PHP, which also did not solve the problem.

The only thing left to try is an older RPM for IMP. If anyone here has psa-imp-4.0.2 RPM or older for RHEL3 please send it to [email protected] or let me know so I can get it from you to try!

Jordan

[EDIT] Somehow magically this straightened itself out and started working again.... after all that time. :confused:

And... it's back.

Yep, the problem was back as of this morning. Yet again, nothing was done to the box; no upgrades or downgrades, or changes of any sort.

I'm completely confused. We also discovered that every time it fails to log in we get the following:

[notice] child pid xxxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I've done tons of research on this, and there appear to be no solutions. Most suggestions said that it was a fault of PHP, so I guess all I can do now is wait for ART to accept a new PHP version and give it a shot.

In the meantime I got Squirrelmail installed for our clients, which is working great.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Jordan

Back