• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Importing to MS SQL

C

crucialx

I'm fairly new to Windows, and MS SQL. We have a client who has been working on their local computer and wants to upload the database they have been working on (MS SQL 2005 Standard) to our server. We are running the free version of MS SQL.

The client has made a create script, which references mdf files. He has uploaded these files via FTP, and changed the create script to reference these files.

In myLittleAdmin I use the query analyzer but get a number of errors.

What is the best way to get the client to upload their database to our service? Am I doing it the correct way?

How can this be used to just transfer a database (no control panel) from another computer/server?

Hello!

This utility (PMM) could be used to transfer databases from external database server to database server at Plesk for Windows only.

Thanks.

How can this be done, I have installed Plesk Migration Manager on our server. What steps do we take next to transfer the database over.

Thanks for your help so far!

Please, read Plesk Migration Manager documentation. http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-win-pmm-guide/index.htm

In short, you should install Plesk Migration Manager in Plesk and Plesk Migration agent at source host (you should have administrative access to source host). Then goto Plesk - Server - > Migration Manager and start migration. Enter host address where Migration Agent works. After succesefull connection you could select Database Migration and starts migration of databases.

Please note, that PMM will not migrate MSSQL database users to Plesk. To solve this problem read this troublesshouting http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-win-pmm-guide/32698.htm.

Thanks.

Which ports need to be used in the transfer? We need to know so we can open the ports and do port forwarding on the computer with the Migration Agent.

Its not clear if we need to open all these ports or just the one for PMM. Do we need to open all these ports?

The reason I ask is the server is behind a NATed network, and we have port forward each port.

yes, you need "SAMBA" and "PMM" port for "windows" migration.

Back