• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Incoming mail from Gmail

L

lhenor

I am currently having issues recieving mail from gmail.

When I try to send email from a gmail account to a mail account at the Plesk server it is not recieved. I cannot find any gmail smtp traffic in the server logs either.
However, when sending email from my plesk mail account to gmail it is delivered to the gmail account.

Sending from the gmail account to our Exchange servers is fine.

Any clues anyone??

You didn't say bu if you sent mail from an account other than GMAIL to your email account on the plesk server, do you receive it?

I recieve mail from other external domains. As far as I know gmail is the only external mails we do not recieve.

If you are receiving other external mail, then your email setup on your server must be correct. I would check your firewall settings. Sounds like you might have blocked some of gmail's ( Google's )ip addresses.

Jwdick: I doubt there are any firewall issues as the Exchange server behind the same firewall (and the same IP range) recieve mail from gmail.

in my opinion all the reasons can be split in two parts for you:

a) message is really received by server but you do not receive it because it is moved/redirected/filtered/deleted/etc either by server or your mail account preferences.. in this case mail server logs must contain some records about this message.

b) message is not received because google cannot deliver it to your server. in this case google should send bounce or delivery error report with error description to google account who sent the initial message..

however if you see neither signs in logs no delivery errors from gmail, then i am afraid it will be physically impossible to understand what happens..

i am not familiar with exchange but try to start from mail server logging first, maybe it can be done more detailed?

Back