• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Index file

O

omegauser

Hi,

I have in the httpdocs folder 2 index files> index.html and index.php

If I enter the domain name> index.php comes first. How do I change so the index.html comes first?

Example>
Now , it does this> www.domain.com (and reads index.php)
I want it to read: index.html

I have searched int the /etc/httpd/conf
but it seems to be ok.

Thanks.

Good question, believe me, If I could rename one, I would it done some time ago, but there is an application running in .php and the customer wanted a welcome page. Is a mess.

But, could it be done? assign the .html as default index?

I'm not real sure, but maybe you could create a vhost.conf file with something like:

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs>
DirectoryIndex at_domains_index.html index.html
</Directory>

Just a guess, but it can't hurt to try. :)

yeah, i believe the vhost.conf overide will work....

pick one.

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.pl index.cgi

or

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.pl index.cgi

Yeah, but I think he's looking for just the html to be the default. In the httpd.conf files the html is listed first, so I figure putting them in any order wouldn't work - so maybe this way will let just the html work.

I don't know, but at least he has a couple of ways to attack it. :)

exactly, :) , bandurao, PLEASE quite spamming the forums..

/Me likes it here, but not with forum spam ;)

It doesn't seem like this guy can be discouraged poke - he keeps dragging his spamming backside in here trying to build up his site. Pretty agitating, especially when you have to join his mailing list

rofl :) I have noticed this guy. I mean damn, I would at least not ***** if the other forum was open...... *sigh*

Or even if he would throw us a bone now and then and impress us with his wisdom.

He reminds me of an old quack doctor, he can't tell you what's wrong but he knows where to refer you.

Originally posted by omegauser
Good question, believe me, If I could rename one, I would it done some time ago, but there is an application running in .php and the customer wanted a welcome page. Is a mess.

But, could it be done? assign the .html as default index?

You can create an .htaccess file with the following entry:

DirectoryIndex index.html

then if you just type in the domainname.com, the index.html page will be the default. To get to the index.php, you will have to include it in a link

Hello Bandurao,

Thanks for the link, I got the solution on your forum, but you forgot to give the link to the exact post:D and I had to search a bit.Also if you had given the link to exact post, my friends " phoenixisp and poke : " would not have got confused and would not have talked all this rubbish.And friends the forum is a good one.

I have read many posts by members | poke, phoenixisp | they think they know a lot but they are stupid fools they ask stupid and incomplete questions to our posts and always comment on someone else who tries to help. I had a qmail problem and this forum helped me where these memers where not able to.
I think poke, phoenixisp are sick and only like to comment on others.

I have seen the forum it is small but it has all good posts.

I agree on this, there are some memers like poke, phoenixisp who mislead us.They dont know anything. All members please do not listen to such members.

Originally posted by canadahost
I have read many posts by members | poke, phoenixisp | they think they know a lot but they are stupid fools they ask stupid and incomplete questions to our posts and always comment on someone else who tries to help. I had a qmail problem and this forum helped me where these memers where not able to.
I think poke, phoenixisp are sick and only like to comment on others.

I have seen the forum it is small but it has all good posts.

Aw shucks guys, let's see - 1 post, 7 posts, 5 posts - I guess I'm busted by the senior staff. You old guys sure have me pegged. Guess I'll go find a rock to climb under.

See everyody!!!!!!!!!!! this guy phoenixisp and that poke, all they want to do is show their seniority.And if in front of them if any one is giving solutions when they cant they feel jealous and they blame the new guy for no reason where he is helping us all (http://netfusionx.com/forum)

You two really **** and are sick persons.
And here after I am not replying to any of your post and will never beleive if you are blaming any innocent member.

I don't see the complaint that either asked stupid questions or lead anyone in the wrong direction. It seems phoenix answered the question by the 4th post and poke just added a little.

Let me add my 2 cents. Both Poke and Phoenixisp have been tremendous help to me. Without their answers, I would still be up a creek. Most newbies make the mistake of not giving enough information so that you can help them. Saying "qmail is broke, help me" won't get you much here. Plus, most members here are very busy with their own stuff and don't have the time to answer questions that have been answered before when the user needing help could find his answer by spending a little time searching. That is usually the response I see Poke and Phoenixisp giving out.

bandurao, on the other hand, doesn't answer questions, although he has in the past and really helped me out too. Now he just posts links to another forum. If you guys who are unhappy here want to go visit bandurao's forum. Please by all means do. But I come here for knowledge and to repay the kindness of help when I can and all of this badmouthing nonsense is childist.

Just my two cents.

Back