1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Individual Admin Users Instead of Just "Admin"

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 New Feature Requests' started by eugenevdm, Oct 9, 2008.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    We've recently had the terrible experience of Expand "randomly" just deleting some of our users and domains. One users lost 7 domains and the other 32. Fortunately we had backups and were able to restore current data, except one MySQL database (an important one). Anyway, life goes on.

Upon investigating the problem we found this in the Expand log:

In our call centre we have three people who use Expand. And our billing system is integrated with WHMCS.

According to the three engineers they swear high and low they didn't delete anything. And according to the best of our knowledge nothing was done in the billing system. We have logged a ticket with Parallel's about this problem.

I therefor request that Expand has individual admin users instead of just a generic "admin" user.

Already Plesk Windows has individual users.
    For some unknown reason Plesk Linux does not have individual admin users. I have already made this feature request over a year ago, and then again 6 months ago.

Please give us individual Expand admin accounts. Then next time we can pinpoint this disaster.

2. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    I second this request. We have contractors that work with us, it would be nice to have such feature and better user logging would be a plus.

3. awidmaier

awidmaier Guest

You've got my support on this request as well. I'm going to have 3 users as Admins and i'd really like to tell who's doing what.