• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install Components such as backup utillity.

J

jdlitson

How can I install components such as the backup utillity and others after Plesk is already installed?

I have searched the Administrators Manual, Knowlegebase and this forum.

Thanks for your time and help,

Jason

I would also like to know the answer to this question. The host of my dv Server, Media Temple, has disabled the backup utilities, and made it paid add-on.

I would like to be able to backup without the $20/month charge they are asking.

Thanks,
Bryan

Originally posted by spigot The host of my dv Server, Media Temple, has disabled the backup utilities, and made it paid add-on.

I would like to be able to backup without the $20/month charge they are asking.
Do you have backup copies of your site on your own PC, but not MySQL DBs? If yes, the only way to get your DBs is through your host. If they are making you pay for backup, you might consider finding a different host.

Originally posted by servertune
Do you have backup copies of your site on your own PC, but not MySQL DBs? If yes, the only way to get your DBs is through your host. If they are making you pay for backup, you might consider finding a different host.

I've purchased a dedicated virtual server from Media Temple, which allows me to host sites for clients that I build websites for. Backing up an individual site, including the db is no problem, but I'd like to be able to back up the entire server, all data, in one fell swoop.

There are paid for solutions out there, but I'd like to figure out if the built in tools would work for me.

Thanks for your reply.

Bryan

Backing up the entire server is in the Backup/Restore Utilities User's Guide PDF Manual; please take a look at Chapter 3.
Link to manuals.

Originally posted by jdlitson
Backing up the entire server is in the Backup/Restore Utilities User's Guide PDF Manual; please take a look at Chapter 3.
Link to manuals.

jdlitson

I read that manual, and was stopped at the very first line:
/plesk_installation_directory/bin/pleskbackup --all <backup file
name>

If I am running this command on a remote server, what do I name the file, where does it go, and how do I find it again?

I'm new to the command line, and I'm still unsure how to save, move, download files from a remote server.

So saving a file, in a new directory, and then retrieving it to my local machine is still something I'm unsure of.

Sorry, I'm a noob.

Bryan

Back