• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install New Templates from RPM sitebuilder 2

B

benjiprince

Here is some helpful information from Plesk support regarding updating the the non appearance of the templates in sitebuilder root admin templates list after installing some of the RPM files

If you want to install new templates from RPM, you should follow these steps:
1. install template pack: rpm -ivh xxxx_xxx-1.0-0.i386.rpm
2. enter to /usr/local/sitebuilder/repository/templates directory
3. run this command: ls > tmpl_inst
4. Login to Sitebuilder as admin. Enter to Templates section.

After that you should divide new templates into categories.

I sorted my categories out through phpmyadmin by noting down all category names from sitebuilder root admin panel (ie. as they are listed in alphabetical order you find:
Art and Photography
Beauty
Business
Cafe and Restaurant
etc ... etc ....

so it follows that in the templates database table:
category_id 1 belongs to Art and Photography
category_id 2 belongs to Beauty
category_id 3 belongs to Business
category_id 4 belongs to Cafe and Restaurant

All the newly installed sitebuilder2 templates seem to be given the default category_id of:
category_id -1

If like me you have the access to phpmyadmin or other mysql knowledge then this is how i did the job to easily assign my templates in Category name order

I entered mysql phpmyadmin as mentioned above and searched for the template categories that I want to re-asign a new category_id number to:
that is; to say, I searched for Business in category name field
This brings into my list all the business templates showing each one to have the default category_id of -1
I changed the category_id for all in this business list from -1 to 2 as they were seen in the alphabetical numbered order in the sitebuilder root admin category list section. (see above previous example list)

I did the same search and replace method for each template category and its corresponding category_id as they fell in list order.

Obviously, I backed up all relevant files prior to doing any alterations in case the above trial method was unsuccessful.
For me it worked speedily

If you follow my examples then you do so at your own risk.
I hope the information is helpful.

If someone has a list of the templates and the associated categories that would be helpful to those of us who would rather not venture into phpAdmin.

Art: vap26, vap65
Business: ???

Should I download to and run the rpm from the template dir?
/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/repository/templates

or will the rpm know where to install to and if so which dir do I copy the rpm to?
I am new to unix command lines and am trying to understand other more experienced users best practices.

You should be able to put the RPMs anywhere. They will know where to put the files when you install.

I downloaded and installed the templates via RPM on my linux box and they show up in SiteBuilder admin but if I go into the SiteBuilder wizard they don't appear. Why is that?

You have to go into Admin and add each of the templates to the various levels, as in Trial, etc. Pack a lunch and buy the BIG soda.

Thanks for your reply...I actually figured it out on my own about 5 minutes before I saw you replied!

Back