• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install of PMM doesnt seem to work

W

webaus

ive just set up a new Plesk 8.1 server and everything went well.

I now need to use PMM to migrate clients from a 7.5.6 server so i installed PMM and it did its thing and said it installed ok

however nothing shows up in START or in Plesk to allow me to use it

I installed the agent on the old server and it shows up and works fine

am i missing something?

do you have migration manager icon in your plesk server Page ?

we ended up sorting it out it appears to have been a problem with the windows service pack

however we now have it working and connecting to any Linux server without any issue but no matter what we do we cant get it to connect to another plesk windows or helm server that is running the agent

anyone have any ideas as to why?

Thanks Andrey

this is the exact error we are getting, but we have C$ set to share on the server running the Agent but still cant connect

we have tried connecting to a Plesk 7.5.6 server a Plesk 7.6.1 server and Helm 3.15

Please tell what version of PMM and PMM Agent do you use?

Did you get an error in Plesk control panel (and in Migration.log) when connect to remote host or the problem is Helm is not shown as available platform for migrating?

server we are migrating to is running Plesk 8.1 and PMM is pmm81_build070117.15

we installed the same version agent i a plesk 7.5.6 a plesk 7.6.1 and helm server and none of them will connect all with the same errors

we have made sure the various udp and tcp ports are open in the firewalls and have tested a connection to a cpanel server which works fine so we know the PMM is working....

Hello,

It seems like you could not connect with Plesk Migration Agent, as connection only with any linux-based panel is succesfull.

Please, explain me next. Did you get any error messages in Plesk control panel when connect to remote windows host or else the connection is fine but Helm (or Plesk 7.x) is not showed as available platform for migrating?

I will need your Migration.log, so please contact me via PM.

Thanks.

heres the current log:

Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : Start migrmng execution in --deploy-scout mode
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : administratorXXXXXX
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : Try to deploy scout to: http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:6489/WinAgentURI
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : migrmng::DeployScout begin (sytemType = Windows)
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : MigratorConfigsManager::GetMigratorManager find Migrator Manager file:C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PMM\PsaMigrMng80.dll
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : MigrMng75::Load begin (workDirectory=C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PMM, configName=Main)
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : MigrMng75::Load successfully finished
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : MigrMng75::DeployScout begin (hostName=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
Info 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : CrossSysAgent::DeployScout SystemType=(Windows) URI=(http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:6489/WinAgentURI)
Info 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : CrossSysAgent::deployScoutToWindowsHost Try to deploy scout to remote Windows host (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
Error 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : CrossSysAgent::deployScoutToWindowsHost Unable to deploy scout to remote Windows host (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX). Exception processed (System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No network provider accepted the given network path
at ForeignMigratorCore.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource(ConnectionParameters connParams, String resourceName)
at CrossSysAgentSup.CrossSysAgent.deployScoutToWindowsHost(ConnectionParameters connParams))
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : CrossSysAgent::deployScoutToWindowsHost finished with error
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : ForeignMigratorCore.MigratorException: Unable to connect to remote host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. Please check if the remote server is available for connection and if the correct login and password are specified.
at PsaMigrMng75.MigrMng75.DeployScout(ConnectionParameters connParams)
at migrmng.App.DeployScout(ConnectionParameters connParams)
at migrmng.App.Main(String[] args)
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : migrmng exits with code -1
Debug 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : Unload domain

I have edited out the IP and pass

Ive tried both administrator login and plesk user/pass neither work

ports are enabled on the firewalls

Hello.

This is the clue:
Error 04/17/2007 23:27:12 : CrossSysAgent::deployScoutToWindowsHost Unable to deploy scout to remote Windows host (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX). Exception processed (System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No network provider accepted the given network path
at ForeignMigratorCore.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource(ConnectionParameters connParams, String resourceName)
at CrossSysAgentSup.CrossSysAgent.deployScoutToWindowsHost(ConnectionParameters connParams))
This indicates that the required connection to ADMIN$ folder on the remote host cannot be established.

Thanks.

Andrey

the $Admin folders are setup for sharing and the ports are open on the firewalls so im at a loss

and we have tried connecting into 3 different plesk windows servers now and a helm server

Nevertheless, log clearly says that 'ForeignMigratorCore.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource' raised an exception while connecting to $ADMIN folder.

Please contact with SWsoft support.

Thanks.

Thanks

ive tried support and was told to ask our plesk kicence supplier and they dont have a clue so i will need to wait for them

Andrey,

I went through the net share list and indeed sorted out ADMIN$.

I am on to my next issue with PMM.

When I use PMM I get a list of sites from the source server. I select a site for testing with and click next. I get a blank page. I have the plesk header and left column panel but the rest of the page is blank. From the Migration Manager PDF I believe that it should give me IP related setting options next.

Any idea?

Thanks

If I attempt to move a client instead of a domain, I get the ip selecting options. However when I select a client issue IP's to migrate to, and click next it appears to start the migration process
after a short time it stops with the following error displayed in plesk:

Error: Unable to deploy the migrated objects:
Unable to run migrmng: Unable to download files from remote host.

Any ideas?

Hello, mycool.
Please contact me via PM, I will need your Migration.log file.
Thanks.

same problem

I have the same problem as "mycool"

Any solution ???

Regards
Kim

Hello, Kim

Please look at the thread http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42630
Released PMM pmm81_build070117.15.msi works only with Plesk for Windows 8.1.0. This affects to all migrating platform. If you need PMM for Plesk for Windows version 8.1.1 you should wait for upcoming PMM release.

If your problem concerns Plesk for Windows 8.1.0 please contact with me.

Thanks.

Back