1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Install of PMM doesnt seem to work

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by webaus, Mar 26, 2007.

1. webaus

webaus Guest

ive just set up a new Plesk 8.1 server and everything went well.

I now need to use PMM to migrate clients from a 7.5.6 server so i installed PMM and it did its thing and said it installed ok

however nothing shows up in START or in Plesk to allow me to use it

I installed the agent on the old server and it shows up and works fine

am i missing something?

2. atomicmak

atomicmak Guest

do you have migration manager icon in your plesk server Page ?

3. webaus

webaus Guest

we ended up sorting it out it appears to have been a problem with the windows service pack

however we now have it working and connecting to any Linux server without any issue but no matter what we do we cant get it to connect to another plesk windows or helm server that is running the agent

anyone have any ideas as to why?

4. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

5. webaus

webaus Guest

Thanks Andrey

this is the exact error we are getting, but we have C$ set to share on the server running the Agent but still cant connect

we have tried connecting to a Plesk 7.5.6 server a Plesk 7.6.1 server and Helm 3.15

6. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

Please tell what version of PMM and PMM Agent do you use?

Did you get an error in Plesk control panel (and in Migration.log) when connect to remote host or the problem is Helm is not shown as available platform for migrating?

7. webaus

webaus Guest

server we are migrating to is running Plesk 8.1 and PMM is pmm81_build070117.15

we installed the same version agent i a plesk 7.5.6 a plesk 7.6.1 and helm server and none of them will connect all with the same errors

we have made sure the various udp and tcp ports are open in the firewalls and have tested a connection to a cpanel server which works fine so we know the PMM is working....

8. webaus

webaus Guest

anyone have any suggestions?

9. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

Hello,

It seems like you could not connect with Plesk Migration Agent, as connection only with any linux-based panel is succesfull.

Please, explain me next. Did you get any error messages in Plesk control panel when connect to remote windows host or else the connection is fine but Helm (or Plesk 7.x) is not showed as available platform for migrating?

I will need your Migration.log, so please contact me via PM.

Thanks.

10. webaus

webaus Guest

heres the current log:

I have edited out the IP and pass

Ive tried both administrator login and plesk user/pass neither work

ports are enabled on the firewalls

11. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

Hello.

This is the clue:
    This indicates that the required connection to ADMIN$ folder on the remote host cannot be established.

Thanks.

12. webaus

webaus Guest

Andrey

the $Admin folders are setup for sharing and the ports are open on the firewalls so im at a loss

and we have tried connecting into 3 different plesk windows servers now and a helm server

13. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

Nevertheless, log clearly says that 'ForeignMigratorCore.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource' raised an exception while connecting to $ADMIN folder.

Please contact with SWsoft support.

Thanks.

14. webaus

webaus Guest

Thanks

ive tried support and was told to ask our plesk kicence supplier and they dont have a clue so i will need to wait for them

15. mycool

mycool Guest

Andrey,

I went through the net share list and indeed sorted out ADMIN$.

I am on to my next issue with PMM.

When I use PMM I get a list of sites from the source server. I select a site for testing with and click next. I get a blank page. I have the plesk header and left column panel but the rest of the page is blank. From the Migration Manager PDF I believe that it should give me IP related setting options next.

Any idea?

Thanks

16. mycool

mycool Guest

If I attempt to move a client instead of a domain, I get the ip selecting options. However when I select a client issue IP's to migrate to, and click next it appears to start the migration process
    after a short time it stops with the following error displayed in plesk:

Error: Unable to deploy the migrated objects:
    Unable to run migrmng: Unable to download files from remote host.

Any ideas?

17. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

Hello, mycool.
    Please contact me via PM, I will need your Migration.log file.
    Thanks.

18. mycool

mycool Guest

Hi Andrey,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

19. 76420000

76420000 Guest

same problem

I have the same problem as "mycool"

Any solution ???

Regards
    Kim

20. Andrey Kareev

Andrey Kareev Guest

Hello, Kim

Please look at the thread http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42630
    Released PMM pmm81_build070117.15.msi works only with Plesk for Windows 8.1.0. This affects to all migrating platform. If you need PMM for Plesk for Windows version 8.1.1 you should wait for upcoming PMM release.

If your problem concerns Plesk for Windows 8.1.0 please contact with me.

Thanks.