• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install / upgrade fails

M

Mantis

Get this when trying to install 8.2:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

It's looking for "plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi" in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\070326.13\, This was the Plesk 8.1.1 upgrade install folder. The file in there is called "plesk_8.1.1_build070326.13.msi"

The file it's looking for is located in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\070705.17\. When i tell the installer to look in this folder for the file it prompts the following error...

The file 'C:\Program files\SWoft\install\070705.17\plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Plesk 8.1 for Microsoft Windows. Try to find the installation package 'plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi' in a folder from which you can install Plesk 8.1 for Microsoft Windows.

Screen shot here:
plesk82error.gif

Come on support - get this sorted as it seems many people are having this probelm.
How about some feedback like "we are looking into it"?

Seems they're just ignoring this issue. Has anyone had luck in ignoring that error and continuing the install?

I just backed my entire server and the install (despite the error) seemed to go 100% fine with a succsefull message at the end.

I think the error is related to Apache only.

I've done upgrade from 8.1.1 + last update 8.1.1.2 to 8.2.0 and it finish successfully.

Can you describe details - how did you run your upgrade. What file you run to start upgrade? What command-line attributes was used? Did you run it again after fail, and what result do you get in this case?

If you answer to me, then I may help you.

Ive done one server from 8.1.1.2 to 8.2 without any issues, but 2 others have had this issue

ive just clicked cancel and its progressed thru the rest of the process without any apparent issues

I also had the same issue while updating a windows plesk server to 8.2

After clicking Cancel, installation continued without a problem.

Any luck we get some info whether Apache got updated or not because of this error?

Same Problem

I am having the same issue on one of the servers, we have and I tried 4 times, it rolled back and now its broken my previous PSA database also.

SWSoft You should do something abt this, this is ignorance.

Gentlemen,

Could you please address SWsoft support?

We cannot reproduce these issues.
Could you please provide more details about your issue?

1. How did you run your upgrade?
2. What file you run to start upgrade?
3. What command-line attributes was used?
4. Did you run it again after fail?
5. What result do you get in this case?

Hi,,

Please find answers below

Could you please address SWsoft support?

We cannot reproduce these issues.
Could you please provide more details about your issue?

1. How did you run your upgrade?
Downloaded the Installer from the SWSoft website and ran it.

2. What file you run to start upgrade?
plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.exe - I am using 7.5.6 - Currently

3. What command-line attributes was used?
No Command Line Attributes

4. Did you run it again after fail?
Yes - We got the same error

5. What result do you get in this case?
Same Result a broken 7.5.6 Installation which is still working partially, my PSA Database was wiped off completely..

Below is the event log error which I got

Product: Plesk 8.2 for Microsoft Windows -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Action_clean_blib, location: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\SpamAssassin\, command: cmd /c rmdir /S /Q blib

Product: Webmail -- Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Webmail. Windows Installer cannot continue.

Any advise is help ful,,

Regards

Our network team is also having the same problem upgrading from 8.1.1.2 to 8.2 on a Windows 2003 box. As far as I am aware, no Plesk upgrade we have ever attempted has gone smoothly.

As a firm that specilises in software engineering (web based software in particular), I often wonder, does SWSoft employ any proper software testing methods? Our experiences are contintually disappointing.

Any information as soon as possible please!

Help me fix my 7.5.6

Atleast please someone help me fix my 7.5.6 INstall
There is no PSA Database at all in the MYSQL Server

When I rolled Back I get an error in plesk, while creating new cleints

Unable to query: Table 'psa.exp_event' doesn't exist
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:162 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Table 'psa.exp_event' doesn't exist")
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\loger.php:339 db_query(string "SELECT obj_id FROM exp_event WHERE event_type = "terminated" AND obj_class = "domain" AND source = "plesk" LIMIT 1")
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\loger.php:229 log2expand->_isloggingenabled(string "domain")
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ActionLog.php:429 log2expand->log2expand(string "domain_create", array)
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.PhDomain.php:530 actionlog->submit()
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.BsDomain.php:320 phdomain::update()
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:142 bsdomain->update()

I have tried running repai on everything as well no luck

Please help asap...

Hello,

I upgraded Plesk for Windows version 8.1 to 8.2 and the upgrade fails with the same error that others here have reported.

ERROR
The file 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\install\070705.17\plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Plesk 8.1 for Microsoft Windows. Try to find the installation package 'plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi' in a folder from which you can install Plesk 8.1 for Microsoft Windows.

More Info:
1. I ran the upgrade from command-line using web install of SetupPlesk.exe with added command-line attribute WSB_upgrade=force and received the error above. If I "cancel", setup continues, but then gives an error:

ERROR
"SWsoft SiteBuilder 3.2 cannot be found. Try install again using valid copy of install package 'plesk_8.2.0_build070705.17.msi'."

If I "cancel" again, I receive "Fatal Error: Installation ended prematurely because of an error." and the upgrade exits.

2. I ran the upgrade a second time the same way as above, but without the SiteBuilder command-line attributes. The upgrade from Plesk 8.1 to 8.2 was successful, but SiteBuilder was not upgraded from 3.2 to 4.0.

Please help. Thanks.

common SWSOFT will we get a response soon, or we will have to wait ...

Please advise..

Hello linuxer,

Unfortunately we cannot reprduce issue in our lab by your scenario.
Could you please send me PM with credentials for your problem server?
We will investigate issue on the spot.

Any feedback as of yet? I am following this post with bated breath.

We are experiencing the same problems. :(

Hello linuxer,

We've visit your server and found that Apache installation was broken, like after installing some Apache hotfix. But we didn't find any hotfix there.

To fix Apache installation we run regedit and do following actions:
1. Correct value
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\E8DC367B72BFB714DB24746C6A074784|Client:="{E195DC26-A6B4-4E13-B8E9-D61B43997DDD};;"

2. Change key name of
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\E8DC367B72BFB714DB24746C6A074784\Sourcedir ->

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\E8DC367B72BFB714DB24746C6A074784\_Sourcedir

It should return Apache installation into Plesk installation scope. But better way is to do it before upgrade to Plesk 8.2.0, because now there is installed still Apache 2.0.52 (instead 2.0.59).

Thanks Sergius for the reply. I followed your instructions and the only entry i could find in the registry is,

1. Correct value
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\E8DC367B72BFB
714DB24746C6A074784|Client
:=
"{E195DC26-A6B4-4E13-B8E9-D61B43997DDD};;"

This key name is not present,

2. Change key name of
714DB24746C6A074784\Source
dir ->

714DB24746C6A074784\_Sourc
edir

Would this also cause the problem? I corrected point one but the upgrade still fails with the same error?

Back