• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation Problem

U

USDN

I just installed a fresh plesk 8.2 on Fedora Core 6. Logged in and everything works. (I used the auto installer).

Now when I go to install sitebuilder (using the autoinstaller again) i get this:

Determining the amount of free disk space
===============================================================================

Plesk and operating system packages will be downloaded and saved to the
directory '/root/swsoft'.

Required disk space: 3.03 Mb.

Available disk space: 2097610.78 Mb.

N) Next page; P) Go back; Q) Cancel installing
Select action [N]: n

Downloading the file SiteBuilder/SiteBuilder_4.0.0/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-6-i386/locales/sitebuilder_zh_TW-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch.rpm: 71%..100% done.
Starting installation of packages
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-areamap-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same specifications for /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp(/.*)?.
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same specifications for /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp(/.*)?.
[FATAL] Error connecting to MySQL on localhost:3306
Reason: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
There were some configuration errors, check logs
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-downloadablecontent-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-eshop-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-feedback-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-flashintro-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-forum-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch

Installing the package sitebuilder_zh_CN-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_zh_TW-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
The packages were installed successfully.

This is a new install on both these products. It seems like a database creation, permission error but I have not altered any mysql settings since the install.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Try to run 'sb_config' utility with following parameters:

# sb_config --db_admin_name='admin' --db_admin_passwd='<Plesk_admin_password>'

<Plesk_admin_password> this is password from /etc/psa/.psa.shadow the one for administrator access for Mysql database.

As I understand installation was done but configuration was not performed as, for some reasons, database connection fails.

Thank you for your help, i did that step and it completed withour error.

What I get now from the plesk sitebuilder remote admin module it the error:

Could not connect to specified SiteBuilder server
Local sitebuilder installation was found but it's remote api isn't available. May be server is down or DNS is not configured properly!

The url is : http://lamphost1.calvaryweb.com/ServiceFacade/

which does map back to my IP address in DNS.

Any help or info to where I can find the answer myself would be appreciated.

Thank you.

As I can see Sitebuilder is not accessible on http://lamphost1.calvaryweb.com/Admin, that's why URL which is specified can not be found. If you wish to have Sitebuilder configured at 'lamphost1.calvaryweb.com' host, you need to run following command for configuration:

# sb_config --sb_host_ip=64.60.208.36 --sb_hostname=lamphost1.calvaryweb.com --force_update_wscfg

So, when Sitebuilder will be accessible on lamphost1.calvaryweb.com, URL like http://lamphost1.calvaryweb.com/ServiceFacade/ could be found also.
Let me know how everything goes.

My output:

[root@lamphost1 ~]# sb_config --sb_host_ip=64.60.208.36 --sb_hostname=lamphost1.calvaryweb.com --force_update_wscfg
Creating webserver config
Logs saved to /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/sb_config-0708161218.log

That logfile contains:

[2007 Aug 16 12:18:46] Creating webserver config

Nothing has changed as far as the api is concerned.

Anything further I can try.

As I can see Sitebuilder still not configured here: http://lamphost1.calvaryweb.com/

You need to make sure that Sitebuilder configuration file is included into main apache configuration and also that this domain does not exist in Plesk as in this case Plesk domain will be loaded instead of Sitebuilder interface.
As I can see Sitebuilder configuration is fine, so it seems this is apache configuration issue. Try to access http://lamphost1.calvaryweb.com/Admin and check apache error log for errors. From these errors you should be able to find our which DocumentRoot is used for domain http://lamphost1.calvaryweb.com/

I have the exact same problem.

Trying to install on sitebuilder.fabricadeinternet.com , but it is not working.

Done all the user/password checking and reconfiguration, but still not working.

I got the same problem as my friend there....with the Plesk Remote Module.

Please someone help.

Thanks in advance.

Al

I am going to try the suggested solution and I will post a writeup if I can get it to work.

Originally posted by adepalma
I have the exact same problem.

Trying to install on sitebuilder.fabricadeinternet.com , but it is not working.

Done all the user/password checking and reconfiguration, but still not working.

I got the same problem as my friend there....with the Plesk Remote Module.

Please someone help.

Thanks in advance.

Al

As I can see http://sitebuilder.fabricadeinternet.com URL can be accessed now. Please check it up. By the way, I can suggest you to change the password for 'admin', as default one is in use now.

Back