1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

installing Coldfusion MX 7 and configuring with Apache 2.0.52

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rocco@, Aug 14, 2007.

1. rocco@

rocco@ Guest

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to install Coldfusion MX 7 on a system with Plesk 8.1 and successfully configured it to work with Apache.

Installing it is fine. I can get Coldfusion to serve through port 8500. As soon as I run the apache_connector.sh script, things go south. Apache does not see Coldfusion and any cfm pages put in the www root folder results in a 404.

This is a dedicated virtual server through mediatemple. It is running CentOS 4.4.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks!

2. rocco@

rocco@ Guest

Looks like I found the culprit

I wasn't installing Coldfusion with apache as the runtime user. I originally created a cfuser account for cf to use. Well, no wonder Coldfusion didn't have permission to serve anything in apache. Wow... only took two weeks to figure out.