• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Plesk 7

T

ThomasK

Is it possible to install Plesk, and not have it install PHP, Perl, etc? I have most of this already installed, configured and working on my server.

My current client base prevents me from doing a "fresh install" since you cannot save all the IIS metadata from one install to another.

So I have to start this way.. I have tested other panels, but like the look of plesk (from the screenshots) and the features it provides.

Anyone?

...Thomas

Well to the best of my knowledge Plesk cannot run without PHP, but can you migrate your current accounts to another server and then dump the other server and start over?

Not really... I have only the one machine located in the Datacenter. I have one other server in another datacenter, but its linux.

I have PHP already installed. AS do I have Perl and mySQL, and MSSQL. But I am trying to find a way I can get Plesk installed and working, and test it... Then purchase it, and build another server, and install it on a fresh install.

Thanks for the reply

...Thomas

Originally posted by ThomasK
Not really... I have only the one machine located in the Datacenter. I have one other server in another datacenter, but its linux.

I have PHP already installed. AS do I have Perl and mySQL, and MSSQL. But I am trying to find a way I can get Plesk installed and working, and test it... Then purchase it, and build another server, and install it on a fresh install.

Thanks for the reply

...Thomas

Did you buy the MSSQL add-on ?

I haven't purchased anything yet... Im still trying to get the demo working.

Because I think Plesk works with MSSQL without having purchusing the addon

Plesk does not work with MSSQL without the addon.

You do not have to install Perl. Not sure about PHP though, but Plesk uses a seperate version of PHP than the one installed for IIS.

Plesk requires next components to be installed within Plesk installer program:
Plesk Database server (MySQL)
MailEnable mail server

all other components are optional. Plesk CP also installs some other required components but do not show them to you in installer program interface because it cannot work without them. All optional components can be not installed. Use Custom Install mode instead of Complete and Typical Install modes.
Plesk uses 2 different instancies of PHP. One of them is required, another is optional.

Plesk uses 2 different instancies of PHP. One of them is required, another is optional.

Dont forget that it also installs phpBB 2.08a which is by no means the latest release. That release was hacked shortly after 2.07 came out then 2.08 came out and then 2.09 is out and has been out for quite sometime.

I gave up on phpBB after that and went to VBulletin whereby they ended up with the same sql injection hacks and had to move from 3.01 then 02 then 03 all in a matter of one week or so.

Plesk needs to give people a heads up on security of these programs that come with it and they also need to update the files that are installed less you end up with nightmares on your hands.

While Plesk will say we are not responsible for add on or third party software they need to at least tell you that they will give you the latest releases of the programs. I downloaded this program a few days ago and 2.08 phpBB is as old as 5 months ago or more. I think that problem came out back in January.

Where is the update PLESK??

To busy selling outdated materials?

Maxx

Back