• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Sitebuilder on a Standalone Server???

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I'd like to get Sitebuilder off our Plesk servers and have them just for hosting, instead of sitebuilding...

Has anyone(Ok, this might be a very stupid question) ... installed Sitebuilder on a seperate machine on a network with multiple Plesk servers?

I'd like to offload the traffic and hd space required for Sitebuilder onto a dedicated server but I'm not sure how that'll work because in Plesk Admin CP or even Plesk Host/Owner CP, it has the jump to Sitebuilder Server.
What defines the IP and misc data of the machine that is running the Sitebuilder?

Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder can be installed as together with Plesk as well as standalone. You need just download Sitebuilder distribution package and perform installation on separate server according to installation guide. As for Plesk server you will need just remove current installation (do not forget to make data backup if you have some important data there).
Here you can also find out how to configure Plesk for using remote Sitebuilder installation: http://kb.odin.com/en/4026

Thanks for the information. I'm going to follow the link you sent and see how far I get.

Do you run, or how many users in this forum run seperate hardware servers for Plesk and Sitebuilder???

Hello again! I read the kb of the link you sent.
I think it'll work, I'm surprised that Swsoft/Parallels doesn' have a switch in the install of Sitebuilder or Plesk to specify if Sitebuilder is on a different server, a standalone. Users, or owners I should say, that are running Plesk CP successfully, as a business, with large scale server clusters should or most likely already be configured to seperate Plesk and Sitebuilder logical machines. This is what confuses me because, how can an enterprise with a lot of servers, image a machine for mass install, and have to set... registry values???? This is rediclious! (Ok, no spell check). Is Plesk for low scale, small business systems running only a single web site or a 'baby' hosting company? In finding this out, that I have to make registry changes on enterprise servers to make Sitebuilder know its not working on a Plesk server install... well, thats just nuts!

Ok, SwSoft/Parallels engineers... Get with it! You have the knowledge, you have the talent, you have the capability to make this product better! so, why not do it! Don't hold back and add the functions we need. Add the capability to be able to install these packages seperately without having to get into the registry. Our data warehouse engineers would go nuts if I told them I had to go into all our win2k8 servers in our cluster and profile servers and edit the registries.

Dave.

Back