• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing SpamAssassin using only Plesk

C

chickenhouse

Hi all,

OK I've searched the web high and low for SpamAssassin help. I found a number of ways of installing it using .tar.gz in putty, followed by a number of commands. Some sort of yum repos or something. All sorts of difficult techincal stuff.

But I figure there must be a simple solution using Plesk.

I have just upgraded my Plesk v 7.5.4 so that when I look at the License Management the "Ability to use SpamAssassin" is turned on.

So I figure all I need to do is add a new application package in the Application Vault. My problem is what SpamAssassin file do I need to upload. I've tried the files Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.7.tar.gz and Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.7.zip and also the install file. None of it works!

Am I being Naive? What do I need to do to get SpamAssassin working. (Questions on how to use it may follow).

Thanks,
Travis

Hello,

You need to go here:

ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/

choose the right package of plesk and untar it.

Search for the package psa-spamassasin.

install it with rpm -Uvh psa-spamassassin.xxx

Bottom line:

You need two spamassassin packages :

spamassassin > installed as rpm !!
psa-spamassassin > installed from the plesk package.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks a lot, this is definitely putting me on the right track.

However I have some more problems. I'm not sure of my version of redhat in terms of the files available.

I know it's Red Hat Fedora Core 2. Is that the same as RedHatEL2.1 in the ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/ directory, or is there a command in plesk or putty that will tell me the right version. Maybe it's not that important, I'm not sure.

When I download the file is there a way to untar it in windows. I don't think I want to unload the whole file in UNIX do I?

If I can separate the two files I need how do I get them on to my server. I have a very basic knowledge of UNIX using putty. What would I need to type in and how would I get it in the right place on the server?

Thanks again for your help.

Travis

Hello,

From putty as root do the following:

cat /etc/redhat-release
You will see the Os from here

and

uname -a
You'l see if it is on 64 bit or not.

Rhel is red hat enterptise linux

If you have fedora core 2 you should choose:

FedoraC2

Hi,

Sorry I'm getting there but you really need to give me some step-by step instructions.

I know have the file psa-spamassassin-7.5.4-fc2.build75060617.18.i586.rpm

and I can access the other file at

ftp://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/dag/fedora/2/en/i386/RPMS.dag/spamassassin-3.0.6-1.fc2.rf.i386.rpm

From putty how do I ftp the file into my server, and at what place do I store it.

How do I get the psa file installed in plesk. I tried adding it using the Application Vault but it didn't recognise the file. Can I install both files through putty?

Thanks,
Trav

Hi me again,

I've now got the spamassassin-3.0.6-1.fc2.rf.i386.rpm in the $HOME directory of my server.

When I run rpm I get the following error.

[pouletmaison@Poulet-Maison pouletmaison]$ rpm -i spamassassin-3.0.6-1.fc2.rf.i386.rpm
/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory
warning: spamassassin-3.0.6-1.fc2.rf.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6b8d79e6
error: can't create transaction lock

I also can't load the psa file into plesk.

Thanks,
Travis

I don't know how to log into the root you need to give me more information.

I'm not sure I can anyway as this is a virtual dedicated server.

Thanks,
Travis

Back