1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

installing win2003 SP1 on existing system with Plesk 7.5.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by igoldman, May 27, 2005.

1. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hello ,

I am running a production server with windows 2003 server std. edition with Plesk 7.5.1 control Panel.

I would like to install windows 2003 SP1

but the problem is that I afraid that after installing the SP1 there are going to be problems in my server ,

what do you say about that , do you suggest me to install SP1 at all ?

which steps I need to take before installing SP1 on production server with Plesk 7.5.1

also , what about upgrading 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 or 7.5.3 ?

do you suggest me to do this ? which ver. do you adivise me upgrade to ?

thanks to all who help me

2. Togy

Togy Guest

Plesk for windows worse at all. Every version has alot of bugs. We can not get what we pay for. They can not do a thing right. Every version has alot of bugs and alot of problems. I am tired to fight for their control panel, fix problems. All times most BAD Control panel!

3. troubler

troubler Guest

You may try to upgrade to 7.0.2
    you may also upgrade to 7.0.3
    But 7.0.2 seems to look more stability.

4. Antony

Antony Guest

Just make a backup of Plesk - and install the SP1.

As for upgrading your 7.5.1 - try to upgrade to 7.5.3 - it is more stable and works faster.

5. jonathanw

jonathanw Guest

I installed sp1 on an existing 7.5.1 server running windows 2003 standard, and it went smooth as silk, with not a single problem.

6. OlegB

OlegB Guest

There is only one known problem with installing SP1. it's DrWeb. It doesn't work with installed SP1 and returns DCOM erros within Event logs. As for other problems I do not think that the are connected with SP1.

7. thewolf

thewolf Regular Pleskian

57%
    After applying SP1 to Windows Server 2003, I am seeing the DCOM errors in the event log.

Will email delivery by affected by the issue?

Is there a fix for that?

I am running Plesk 7.5.4.

Thanks.

8. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%