• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

installing win2003 SP1 on existing system with Plesk 7.5.1

igoldman

Regular Pleskian
Hello ,

I am running a production server with windows 2003 server std. edition with Plesk 7.5.1 control Panel.

I would like to install windows 2003 SP1

but the problem is that I afraid that after installing the SP1 there are going to be problems in my server ,

what do you say about that , do you suggest me to install SP1 at all ?

which steps I need to take before installing SP1 on production server with Plesk 7.5.1

also , what about upgrading 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 or 7.5.3 ?

do you suggest me to do this ? which ver. do you adivise me upgrade to ?

thanks to all who help me

Plesk for windows worse at all. Every version has alot of bugs. We can not get what we pay for. They can not do a thing right. Every version has alot of bugs and alot of problems. I am tired to fight for their control panel, fix problems. All times most BAD Control panel!

You may try to upgrade to 7.0.2
you may also upgrade to 7.0.3
But 7.0.2 seems to look more stability.

Just make a backup of Plesk - and install the SP1.

As for upgrading your 7.5.1 - try to upgrade to 7.5.3 - it is more stable and works faster.

I installed sp1 on an existing 7.5.1 server running windows 2003 standard, and it went smooth as silk, with not a single problem.

There is only one known problem with installing SP1. it's DrWeb. It doesn't work with installed SP1 and returns DCOM erros within Event logs. As for other problems I do not think that the are connected with SP1.

Originally posted by OlegB
There is only one known problem with installing SP1. it's DrWeb. It doesn't work with installed SP1 and returns DCOM erros within Event logs. As for other problems I do not think that the are connected with SP1.
After applying SP1 to Windows Server 2003, I am seeing the DCOM errors in the event log.

Will email delivery by affected by the issue?

Is there a fix for that?

I am running Plesk 7.5.4.

Thanks.

Back