• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing YUM?

Are you getting errors? Just not installing? A little more description of the problem would help.

Originally posted by jwdick
Are you getting errors? Just not installing? A little more description of the problem would help.

Ah well i made a dir in root called yum, did the wget and then tar which it has done, however i cannot get the server to see yum is installed..

So im guessing i didnt install it.. but i cant work out where the installer is..

tar doesn't compile yum. Your best results would be to get the RPM version for your OS. Try visiting www.atomicrocketturtle.com (Click Downloads, go through Atomic, then your OS version (2 is FC2, 4 is FC4, etc.). Locate the RPM, right click, and copy the link location. Then wget it, and issue an rpm -Uvh <the filename here>.

Alternatively, you can locate the RPM through rpmfind.net or another source. I don't limit myself to just one source, though I find that ART (atomicrocketturtle.com) seems to have 99.9% of what I need/want.

Back