1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Installing YUM?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by wickedwebsites, Oct 10, 2006.

1. wickedwebsites

wickedwebsites Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hi,

is there a yum installation guide?

Really struggling to install it.

Cheers
    Drew

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

Are you getting errors? Just not installing? A little more description of the problem would help.

3. wickedwebsites

wickedwebsites Basic Pleskian

57%
    Ah well i made a dir in root called yum, did the wget and then tar which it has done, however i cannot get the server to see yum is installed..

So im guessing i didnt install it.. but i cant work out where the installer is..

4. Who-m3

Who-m3 Guest

tar doesn't compile yum. Your best results would be to get the RPM version for your OS. Try visiting www.atomicrocketturtle.com (Click Downloads, go through Atomic, then your OS version (2 is FC2, 4 is FC4, etc.). Locate the RPM, right click, and copy the link location. Then wget it, and issue an rpm -Uvh <the filename here>.

Alternatively, you can locate the RPM through rpmfind.net or another source. I don't limit myself to just one source, though I find that ART (atomicrocketturtle.com) seems to have 99.9% of what I need/want.