• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Interesting problem

O

oldtimer

I have a new Intel Xeon 3060 Dual Core Conroe Processor server running Plesk and F Secure Anti Virus. That is the only thing running. After a day or two the server is no longer accessible by RDP or thought the Plesk panel. I partitioned the hard drive and Plesk does not show the second drive. Has any body heard or seen these problems.

What is the Windows Firewall status? The Windows firewall could over zealously be blocking most if not all TCP incoming ports.

Using the server's physical console, see if you can log into the control panel by typing this URL in the browser: https://localhost:8443. While logged into to the console, review the Windows Firewall settings.

Keep in mind leaving Remote Desktop open is risky business. Ensure that its properly firewalled and locked down to prevent unauthorized access.

In my experience, Plesk doesn't work well with partitions, instead I use RAID arrays.

The Firewall was turned off by the techs at the control center. Some how the registry information had been altered. The company is doing a hardware diagnostic at this time so I can not do anything. When I get the server back I will have the partitions removed and reload everything.

Yikes -- no firewall, with RDP on is asking for trouble.

Probably best to zero out the drive(s) and reinstall Windows Server and then Plesk to be on the safe side.

Always, always, always use a Firewall -- either software or hardware. This will keep your open ports to a minimum.

I'd suggest hardening your server before deploying it, check out this thread -- http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47159

Also check out ESET NOD32 AV as a Windows Server anti-virus solution. It constantly scans the system and is the only solution that protects against zero-day viruses. Even though it does not integrate with the Plesk Mailbox system, it protects the server as a whole.

Back