• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Interface customization

RonaldN

New Pleskian
Used Interface customization in 8.6, upgraded to 9.2 and can't find it anymore.
Did find "Home page preset" but is too common, have to disable/enable whole options, can't disable subitems.

For example, I would like to clients to be able to make backups but not to change the FTP repository.

Is there any way I can get the same result using plesk 9.2?

The only place to customize is under home page presets and then configure each of the defaults - this will allow you to customize the options that they see. if you want to change the options that they can DO then that is done from client and domain templates/limits/permissions

its a slightly different approach to do the same thing in 9.x that occured in 8.x

Thanks for you reply,

using Interface Management > Home Page Presets
I can only change the icons displayed on the different pages. This goes for all users!
So, disable an icon on the clients homepage, you will not see that as administrator, reseller or client when you go to the client pages.

using templates/limits/permissions
I can only select MAIN items and set limits for using those.

Interface customization in 8.6 was really powerful, those settings can't match that.
I do think parallels forgot something really important many hosting providers are using. What's better than not displaying options that should be left alone by the end users. For example, they should be able to make/restore backups but not to change any schedules or password settings. This could be very dangerous for your server, they could schedule it in the middle of the day and change paths for backups!

Maybe someone from Parallels can explain what's happening and how to achieve the same result.

Any word on this??

I find it crazy that you can customise the home page for a domain owner to remove certain options and that this also affects you as an administrator. Who on earth thought that would be a good idea?? Administrators should have access to everything.

Any word on this??

I find it crazy that you can customise the home page for a domain owner to remove certain options and that this also affects you as an administrator. Who on earth thought that would be a good idea?? Administrators should have access to everything.

No offence on Parallels Plesk developement team but for the past few years I've seen Plesk developement, it seems that many of the features have been added or removed withouth thinking at all is it a good idea or not.

This is just a minor annoyance compared to the fact that for e.g. Plesk 9 doesn't allow anymore exceeding bandwith limits / disk space limits "softly" without closing the web pages (or with a requirement to allow user create as many as resources as possible):
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=85216

This is something I would like to see to be fixed as well. However, It seems that Parallels just doesnt care, as the money keeps coming whatever the product is or however it works.

However, to be positive, those ads in Plesk 8 has been at least removed when moving to Plesk 9. That's one step forward, however the problems mentioned before are two steps back :/

The request to revert interface customization functionality as it was in Parallels Plesk panel version 8.x was submitted to our Feature team. As I know it will be implemented and enhanced in the one of major Plesk update.

OK, Great! I am looking forward for the next release (possibly Plesk 9.3).

This is one of the main improvements, could you also confirm will there be the another that have been requested:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=94853 (see my last post on that thread).

I mean the part 1) where I state the lack of possibility to set how Plesk suspends the domains. Will that be implemented too to Plesk 9.3 (or the next main release whatever the version number is)?

Scy,

I have discovered it and submitted corresponding feature request to developers. I have no any ETA when it will be implemented. I've just submitted FR :)

Look at Release Notes on our site. You will see all changes which were added and implemented to each new Plesk version.

I have no any ETA when interface customization like in 8.6 version will be returned. We have this feature request and it is known problem for our developers.

Back