• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

interface management per client

Y

Yogibear

I have multiple clients with multiple domains.
Now for 1 client/domain I wish to ONLY show the option 'web users', so that various 'peon' -admins can remove and add users as they like and set their passwords without having full access control.

I've just tested the new interface management system in Plesk and it looked like it would suit this perfectly, however it seems to affect all clients and domains, not just the one where you edit it in.

So there are 2 possible solutions/questions:
- How do I let a 'peon'-admin have only access to the 'web users' part of a specific domain, without modifying the entire interface, (perhaps via a direct link to the web-users part)?

- How do I shut down all buttons, except web users under domain, on the interface for 1 specific client only?

Yogibear

Originally posted by Yogibear
I have multiple clients with multiple domains.
Now for 1 client/domain I wish to ONLY show the option 'web users', so that various 'peon' -admins can remove and add users as they like and set their passwords without having full access control.

I've just tested the new interface management system in Plesk and it looked like it would suit this perfectly, however it seems to affect all clients and domains, not just the one where you edit it in.

So there are 2 possible solutions/questions:
- How do I let a 'peon'-admin have only access to the 'web users' part of a specific domain, without modifying the entire interface, (perhaps via a direct link to the web-users part)?

- How do I shut down all buttons, except web users under domain, on the interface for 1 specific client only?

Yogibear

'Interface management' is *not* about giving permissions, and it is clearly stated in documentation. Even if you hide the buttons, your users will be able to use the features, by using complex URL's. It will be harder to navigate in interface, but still possible.

Re: Re: interface management per client

Originally posted by dm__
'Interface management' is *not* about giving permissions, and it is clearly stated in documentation. Even if you hide the buttons, your users will be able to use the features, by using complex URL's. It will be harder to navigate in interface, but still possible.

know this, have read it a few times in the manuals, however I could not find how to deny permission completely for every single option except web users.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Re: Re: Re: interface management per client

Originally posted by Yogibear
know this, have read it a few times in the manuals, however I could not find how to deny permission completely for every single option except web users.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Tough point. What Plesk guys should really is to make more permissions, and together with interface management (option "hide unavailable buttons") it will be the solution. But... Now it's not possible.

Back