1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

internal php upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JLChafardet, Jul 12, 2008.

1. JLChafardet

JLChafardet Regular Pleskian

57%
    Another feature i would like to see (and i know is not a hard one to implement) is internal plesk php upgrade to latest php (5.2.6).

it is really bothersome in some cases, where some network scanners (yes yes yes i know, loads of them tend to report false positives) detect plesk internal php version and show a vulnerability, this can be indeed avoided by turning off the exposure of php, but if it is possible to upgrade php why not do it?

or release a guide for us, the clients, to be able to manually compile php plesk friendly for internal plesk.

2. CSN-Carl

CSN-Carl Regular Pleskian

57%
    This is already in 8.4.1 :)

3. JLChafardet

57%
    very nice :) thanks for the info. then i wait for 8.4.1 with open arms.... loads of bugs should be fixed for it from 8.4.0

4. CSN-Carl

CSN-Carl Regular Pleskian

57%
    lol... we will see :)

5. JLChafardet

57%
    indeed ;) but there is always room for hope ;)

6. SliderMKH6

SliderMKH6 Guest

7. JLChafardet

57%
    lol, thanks for the tip, we have our own source compilation of php, thats a good option, i have used art rpms in the past, they rule. i still use their mysql rpms. but we were talking about internal plesk php not server wide public php ;)