• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ionCube problems

I

Inaba

Well, I tried to upgrade to Plesk 8.0.0.

That was as mistake!

I'm getting this in my apache error log:

PHP Fatal error: [eAccelerator] eAccelerator 0.9.4-rc1 is incompatible with the ionCube PHP Loader 3.0.10 in Unknown on line 0

Why is ionCube even being loaded, now, with Plesk 8? Why was this not even mentioned in any of the documentation for Plesk 8?

Anyone know how to disable ionCube. I've run across it before, and decided that it sucked extremely badly... Why would anyone chose ionCube over Zend?

Anyway - my server is down, now, thanks to this!

Check in /etc/php.ini or /etc/php.d and remove where the ioncube is getting loaded.

Oh yeah ... and when I disabled EAccelerator, I get this:

PHP Fatal error: [ionCube Loader] The Loader must appear in the php.ini file before other extensions in Unknown on line 0

Basically, the ionCube installation that Plesk forces upon you is hosed, plain and simple.

As for IonCube being loaded, I just now upgraded to 8.0 and don't have any IonCube on my Apache server at all.

That's really wierd. I saw it download ionCube while running the upgrade script... so I definitely came from Plesk.

Why would some people get it and others not?

I think Sitebuilder needs ionCube, did you install the Sitebuilder-module along with Plesk 8?

Not intentionally if it did install...

I don't run Sitebuilder on my site.

I never install sitebuilder and the other **** that my license key doesn't support.

I've got problems with the ioncube stuff to, i commented it in php.ini and everything works fine although I need it, serveral scripts of customers use Ioncube.

When I uncomment it and restart apache plesk gives the following error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service apache2 failed to start

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:170
psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service apache2 failed to start')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:30

Anyone have a solution so ioncube does work, I didn't find anything about eaccelerator in my php.ini

It would be nice if you would try restarting apache manually and looking in its error_log and figuring out why it isnt starting. Plesk's message that it cannot start apache is useless.

In the error log:

PHP Fatal error: [ionCube Loader] The Loader must appear as the first entry in the php.ini file in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Mar 30 17:08:45 2006] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]

That's really wierd you don't have a php.d directory. Probably just a red hat/CentOS thing.

Can you do a search for ioncube-loader.ini ?

Ioncube problem!

If you do not have php.d directory in /etc, edit your php.ini and include in the last line with the following:

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so

Restart apache.

Try.

Originally posted by tcong
Ioncube problem!

If you do not have php.d directory in /etc, edit your php.ini and include in the last line with the following:

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so

Restart apache.

Try.

I have this line in the php.ini now and had it with version 7.5.4, now I have to comment it otherwise apache wont run.

Originally posted by Inaba
That's really wierd you don't have a php.d directory. Probably just a red hat/CentOS thing.

Can you do a search for ioncube-loader.ini ?

I searched but didn't find anything.

Back