1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

ionCube problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Inaba, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Inaba

Inaba Guest

Well, I tried to upgrade to Plesk 8.0.0.

That was as mistake!

I'm getting this in my apache error log:

PHP Fatal error: [eAccelerator] eAccelerator 0.9.4-rc1 is incompatible with the ionCube PHP Loader 3.0.10 in Unknown on line 0

Why is ionCube even being loaded, now, with Plesk 8? Why was this not even mentioned in any of the documentation for Plesk 8?

Anyone know how to disable ionCube. I've run across it before, and decided that it sucked extremely badly... Why would anyone chose ionCube over Zend?

Anyway - my server is down, now, thanks to this!

2. jchost

jchost Guest

Check in /etc/php.ini or /etc/php.d and remove where the ioncube is getting loaded.

3. Inaba

Inaba Guest

Oh yeah ... and when I disabled EAccelerator, I get this:

PHP Fatal error: [ionCube Loader] The Loader must appear in the php.ini file before other extensions in Unknown on line 0

Basically, the ionCube installation that Plesk forces upon you is hosed, plain and simple.

4. jchost

jchost Guest

As for IonCube being loaded, I just now upgraded to 8.0 and don't have any IonCube on my Apache server at all.

5. Inaba

Inaba Guest

That's really wierd. I saw it download ionCube while running the upgrade script... so I definitely came from Plesk.

Why would some people get it and others not?

6. jchost

jchost Guest

Maybe it upgraded what you already had installed?

7. Hultenius

Hultenius Guest

I think Sitebuilder needs ionCube, did you install the Sitebuilder-module along with Plesk 8?

8. Inaba

Inaba Guest

Not intentionally if it did install...

I don't run Sitebuilder on my site.

9. jchost

jchost Guest

I never install sitebuilder and the other **** that my license key doesn't support.

10. Bam-Hosting

Bam-Hosting Guest

I've got problems with the ioncube stuff to, i commented it in php.ini and everything works fine although I need it, serveral scripts of customers use Ioncube.

When I uncomment it and restart apache plesk gives the following error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
    Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service apache2 failed to start

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:170
    psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service apache2 failed to start')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:30

Anyone have a solution so ioncube does work, I didn't find anything about eaccelerator in my php.ini

11. jchost

jchost Guest

It would be nice if you would try restarting apache manually and looking in its error_log and figuring out why it isnt starting. Plesk's message that it cannot start apache is useless.

12. Bam-Hosting

Bam-Hosting Guest

In the error log:

PHP Fatal error: [ionCube Loader] The Loader must appear as the first entry in the php.ini file in Unknown on line 0
    [Thu Mar 30 17:08:45 2006] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]

13. Inaba

Inaba Guest

What is the contents of your /etc/php.d directory?

14. Bam-Hosting

Bam-Hosting Guest

This directory doesn't exist here.

15. Inaba

Inaba Guest

Are you on a Linux based host, or windows?

16. Bam-Hosting

Bam-Hosting Guest

Using SuSE Linux 9.3

17. Inaba

Inaba Guest

That's really wierd you don't have a php.d directory. Probably just a red hat/CentOS thing.

Can you do a search for ioncube-loader.ini ?

18. tcong

tcong Guest

Ioncube problem!

If you do not have php.d directory in /etc, edit your php.ini and include in the last line with the following:

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so

Restart apache.

Try.

19. Bam-Hosting

Bam-Hosting Guest

I have this line in the php.ini now and had it with version 7.5.4, now I have to comment it otherwise apache wont run.

20. Bam-Hosting

Bam-Hosting Guest

I searched but didn't find anything.