• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP Aliasing Problems

S

siren@

Has anyone experienced problems w/ IP Aliasing? We added our 17th IP to plesk today and suddenly IP Aliasing stopped working (didn't even get the finish page for adding the IP) and CPU usage by Plesk shot up to 98%. After rebooting it goes down until you try to access IP Aliasing, which is now off limits unless you want a 98% CPU usage on the server. After two re-installs of plesk, full install of plesk, IIS and deletion of all related directiories prior to reinstall, it is still happening exactly when adding that exact same IP!

If you have any ideas please help! This is happening on a Win2K3 server.

Thanks,
Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

SAME PROBLEM

I just purchased a Windows 2003 server at Interland.
So far I am not happy.
Interland tech support can not get Plesk working on my server and seem to have given up since they now say they don't support Plesk on their servers - even though they installed it as part of my package. They now say that this is MY problem and not theirs. Lovely...
I had added 32 IP addresses to this server to accomodate the 32 domains I am about to add.
Plesk does not see the IP addresses and when I click on IP pooling or anything that brings up the PSA-SERV.exe process it hangs my server. The PSA-SERV.exe process takes almost 100% of the server time.
Eventually (hour or more) the process gets killed. I noticed that it also turns off the Plesk Misc. service and PopPass service when this process dies.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Anthony.

If you can email me directly or call me I PERSONALLY will help get this resolved.

The problem is a Plesk issue and you need a hot fix. I am working with Interland and they are helping me fix this. Ask for Chris Verio during the day, or Danny during the swing shift.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Plesk 6.5 Help

Thanks for you offer to help.
My email address is: [email protected]

Alexey from SWSoft Technical Support had
returned my email with the fix shown at bottom.
He also attached several files.
I really appreciated his help :)

The only problem is that this did not work. :(
Now I get the following error when I hit the IP Aliasing button:

ifmng failed: can't set administrator rights: The pipe has been ended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.IPAddressesList.php:78 psaerror(string "ifmng failed: can't set administrator rights: The pipe has been ended.")
1: C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:82 ipaddrlist->fetchipaddrlist()
2: C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:98 ipaddrlist->fetchlist()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\ip_aliasing.php3:73 ipaddrlist->init()

====== Here is the email I received from Support ===========
Hello,

This issue will be fixed in next patch, hovewer you can do the following to fix it now:

1) stop Plesk Scheduler, Plesk Control Panel & Plesk Miscellaneous Service
2) psa-serv /uninstall
3) copy Plesk{87824292-B2FB-4722-AF4A-55170C150F72}.dll to
windows\system32 directory
4) copy nt2ux.dll, ifmng.exe, psa-serv.exe & cron.exe to admin/bin
5) psa-serv /install
6) reboot system

Run "regedit" and open:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages,

if you see: Plesk{87824292-B2FB-4722-AF4A-55170C150F72}

1) stop Plesk Scheduler, Plesk Control Panel & Plesk Miscellaneous Service
2) copy nt2ux.dll, ifmng.exe, psa-serv.exe & cron.exe to admin/bin
1) start Plesk Scheduler, Plesk Control Panel & Plesk Miscellaneous Service
==============================

Update on Interland Support

Hi Larry,

I attempted to contact Chris Verio at Interland and I was told that his name was not in the Interland directory. I called Interland support in Atlanta. They also checked Miami. Maybe the name is spelled wrong?
Thanks.
Anthony.

You're server is located in Atlanta. I spoke with Chris earlier today. I could have his last name spelled wrong. He was going to forward the information to a manager so they could speak with Atlanta support. If you have any questions, you can post here or call me at (208) 336-7093

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Plesk 6.5 IP Aliasing Problem

I found out that Chris is based out of Miami his last name is Villareal. I have not spoken to him yet, but left him a message.

I installed the HotFix that Plesk Technical Support sent me, but this did not work. It actually made things worst. So I reinstalled Plesk and reduced my IP's on my server to 15. Apparently Plesk 6.5 falls apart after 16 IP addresses. I was able to do this since I have not yet added/moved all my domains to this new server.
Plesk Tech Support told me that they will have a fix for this problem within 2 weeks.
Thanks for all your help and advice.
Anthony.

If plesk doesn't have a fix for this by Monday they will have me on the phone with them. This is something they have yet to face. When I am dealing with a problem that affects my ability to do business I can become very persuasive. I'm giving Interland till then because it is an issue that affects there customers too. They have treated me really well and I like to do the same too them.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Plesk 6.5 IP Aliasing Problem

Hi Larry,

How did you make out with Plesk getting the IP Aliasing Problem fixed?

The most I will say (because I'm unsure how much I should relate at the moment) is a patch is forthcoming that does work, but you don't want the current version of it.

The current version corrects one problem, but creates another.

IP Aliasing Issue...

We will be releasing the patch for this and the other known issues shortly. However if you need a HotFix for the IP aliasing problem please send and email to [email protected] and we will send you the hotfix.

Note: This will fix IP Aliasing issues but it will not preclude you from running the patch when its released.

Best regards,

Todd L. Crumpler
SWsoft, Inc.

Back