• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP problems

D

djlove

Hi. I`m using Plesk 7.5 Trial on my PC running Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition and I have a problem. First of all I`d like to thank you guys for this software. It`s really super. I first started using it a few months ago, when I got webhosting from my ISP, which is also using Plesk. And from then on, I started falling inlove for this soft. But I`m not here to brag about Plesk, because I`m sure you already know what a great software you`ve built. So ...

I have a problem with the IP address. I downloaded Plesk from your website, installed it ( everything good till now ) and after that, I started the soft. All good in the hood. My ISP is running protocol PPPoE ( Point to Point over Ethernet ), kinf of like a Dial-up connection. When I entered to configure my IP address in Plesk, it set automaticly an IP address which it had found in Local Areea Connection through TCP/IP. It was an local IP. I clicked toi add a new IP address, the IP with which I access the net and in the Interface option, I only had Local Area Connection, but my Connection ( Broadband Connection ), wasn`t in the list. I went to my ISP to find some answers. I talked to someone from theyr staff, and told me to deactivate the TCP/IP protocol in Local Area Connection and the DHCP Protocol. OK, I did that. I started Plesk again, went to the IP settings, and got an error

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.IPAddressesList.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined variable: iface in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.IPAddressesList.php on line 103

I clicked "Add new IP address", and the Interface list was empty. I uninstalled Plesk, restarted my PC, and reinstalled it back. Same thing.
I openned "Plesk Reconfigurator" from my start menu, selected "Change server IP addresses" and the IP list was empty. Down, in the interface option, my connection apeared ( "TopAll" ). I was glad to see it there. I entered my IP address, my subnet mask, and clicked "Next ( Only 2 buttons were available - Back & Next ). The window closed. I clicked again on the "Change server IP addresses" option, and the list was still empty. I entered the IP again, clicked Next, the window closed, I cloes the reconfigurator, restarted my PC and hoped that my IP had been saved. Nothing. The IP list is empty in the reconfigurator, the Interface list in the on-line admin empty and I`m still gettin` that error. The server works, but, I can`t host any domains, because there is now Private or shared IP. What can I do? If there is something else you need to know, ask. I`ll tell you everything. I want to use Plesk on my home computer, so I can host my web-site, and my beta versions of the sites I build. I downloaded the Trial version to see how it works. I`m planning to buy a license, but first, I want to see this thing work. I don`t wanna spend money on somethin` that I can`t use, you know what I mean. Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

The Plesk 7.5 installation requires Microsoft Windows 2003 Server installed on your system and configured with static IP-address

My IP is static. The PPPoE protocol connects to my ISP`s server. Each client of my ISP has a private IP, and so do I. Each time I connect to the network, I get the same IP address. Before this, my ISP used TCP/IP, but a year ago, it changed to PPPoE because it has better control over the users. Is there anything I can do to fix this thing? Can I use Plesk on my PC with this Connection? The plesk server works, but I also want to host domains on it & work with it at full capacity. http://proone.info/
This is the plesk server on my system. Please, if anyone can help me, I`d apreciate it.
Excuse my bad english, I`m from Romania and have a few problems at writing. Thanks

Back