• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Iphone, Blackberry and concurent connections

B

BigWhiteDog

HELP!!! Have a client that has three Iphones. When they are off or set to manual email checking and not used, the client can get their regular PC based outlook email on their PC's. As soon as the Iphones are used to check mail, their PC based outlook email program can no longer connect. The error received seems to indicate the the Iphones are locking up the pop3 connection to the server emails. I have the server set to 50 concurrent connections and it still hangs. Anybody got a clue here about this? My client is about to take ALL his business elsewhere. Please help!!!

This has also happened when they had a blackberry.

Why dont you tell him to use IMAP instead, that is what i tell my clients using IPhone and i have had so many problem with POP3 lock that i eventualy unchecked the option and stick with smtp authentication only.

Shoggy, thanks for the reply. Where did u uncheck pop3? on the Iphone or on MailEnable? If u mean on MailEnable, where do I locate that option (just so I don't hack anything else up. The phones seem to lock up the server for up to 20 minutes at a time.

I think 20 Minutes is the default lock time in Plesk. You can turn off POP3 Lock in Plesk control panel by going to; Server ->Mail. Look for pop3 lock under relaying. You can either reduce the lock time or uncheck it.
Other handheld email clients like versa mail that runs on Treo and palm devices especially dont do well with pop3 lock i have also ran into issues with oulook 2003-7. Which is why i disabled it on my server.

Dang, I had hoped that that was the answer until I went into the cp and found that I had already unchecked it sometime ago. So now what? Is there someplace I can check on the server and see if it is actually disabled?

Back