1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Is i possible to make an existing Unix user the domain name

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by chilling, Jan 23, 2004.

1. chilling

chilling Guest

I already have a few users setup on the unix box one of which I would like also to be the user associated with a domain i have just created.

It would not allow me to use that user name at the time the domain was created - is it possible to change it now?

Thanks

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Every user in Unix must have a unique name. You can not change the FTP user for a domain even after you created the domain, because the FTP user is a Unix user.

3. chilling

chilling Guest

Thanks for - I had understood that bit of plesk ...

but what I would like to do is create a domain called "user1.com" with the domain username of "user1" where "user1" already exists in unix but does not have any domain associated within in plesk.

Is this possible ?

4. siren@

siren@ Guest

This is a windows forum. Are you speaking of Windows or Unix versions of Plesk?

5. chilling

chilling Guest

Hi Larry - thanks for the heads up - I can't read, should be int he Unix forum

I'll repost

Thanks