• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is it the same story?

J

joelmoss

I have still not upgraded to Plesk8 yet, as from past experiences I learnt quickly, not to rush into Plesk upgrades. As most people agree, it is usually best to wait until 8.0.2 or something similar.

So what I want to know is, how has everyone found the upgrade in general. Have you al experienced the same nightmares as in the past? Have SWSoft learnt to test their releases more thoroughly?

The majority of the problems seem to occur during the upgrade. I've upgraded quite a lot of servers now and they're going ok in general, with I'd say on average 1-2 problems per upgrade. The problems are slowing me down a little having to restore 7.5.4 DB, fix the problems then re-upgrade, but it's going ok in general.

but it seems there are still problems? I see a few issues related to qmail and courier-imap. What percentage failed?

A lot of them failed, but a lot of them were done by others before I have been asked to step in, as I'd check typical problems before starting. The latest build is better than the first build, but I think if you need to ensure system stability either find someone able to handle the upgrade correctly or wait until a release in about a months time. Qmail and courier-imap are doing ok on our test servers.

Back