• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is there a limit in domain creation?

D

dvdrip

I tried to create more than 1024 domains but creation failed.

Is there a limit in Plesk 7.5? Or is this a different limit in the server?

What is the ammount of domains that will make Plesk 7.5 unstable? 5000? 10000? Unlimited?

Can someone from SWsoft reply to this?

I have created 4000 domains and my server will not start.
The PSA database is huge. What are the server requirements for such a setup?

Originally posted by dvdrip
Can someone from SWsoft reply to this?

As stated when you enter this forum - Sw-Soft dosen't do official support here - it's a user to user forum.

If you want official answers - you have to write to Sw-Soft - ie. use the mail plesk-support [at] swsoft.com

And it sounds like an Apache problem, not Plesk. You will probably have to recompile Apache to increase limits.

I recompiled apache to accept more domains.

The problem now is that I am getting all sorts of problems related to dcachesize and privvmpages.
resource held maxheld barrier limit failcnt
privvmpages 153313 153332 314572 349525 20
dcachesize 26959277 26963803 32369620 33024980 2

The VPS will not start.
The PSA database is huge. What are the server requirements for such a setup? I have about 750MB of RAM.

IMO that is not nearly enough RAM, especially if these are active sites. What kind of processor and OS?

These domains get about 8000 uniques per day in total.

Fedora RedHat OS (Managed OS)
Not sure about CPU.
Pentium 4 probably.

What are the server requirements for such a setup?
Logically I would think that before asking this question, you would have already found out *exactly* what you currently have...
Pentium 4 probably.
about
750MB of RAM
Personally I would make sure that the CPU was a Pentium 4 with HT (or dual xeon even better), and I would want 4 GB RAM. Should be running the SMP version of the OS.

However, in your situation if it were me, I would not be on a shared VPS environment either. Sharing a single server box amongst you and who knows how many other VPS clients, you will never get the full amount of CPU time as you would with a dedicated server.

Oh, and so far no mention of the hard drive system, I would make sure it was *super* fast with *lots* of cache.....

These are my 2 cents, if you don't like it, then ignore it. And have a great day! :D

Originally posted by dvdrip
[BThe VPS will not start.
The PSA database is huge. What are the server requirements for such a setup? I have about 750MB of RAM. [/B]

Hmm... I think it's a little over the top to try to run 4.000+ domains - firstly on a VPS - but even on a dedicated server - it will consume a lot of ressources and I think you need to know exactly how to tweak your OS to get a good stable result.

So at least you would have to go for GBs of RAM not MBs. - I'm not even sure you could pull that off in a suitable manner with 2 GB RAM. So jamesyeeocs suggestion about 4 GB seems good.

I have about 50 active websites.
All the others are redirected either to these 50 websites or other external websites.

I am thinking of using vhost redirection.
Is this possible with 4000 domains?

Domain aliasing or redirection is certainly possible using mod_rewrite, that is one of it's functions. But again, with 50 active and the other 3950 aliases, you still have a lot going on for a somewhat limited VPS.

Just because the others are redirected or aliased, does not mean they don't count. You could have a single active site and all other 3999 redirected/aliased, they still will add to the overall load or hits in any case.

Not only that, but just writing the 3950 rewrite statements will be a lengthy project in any case.

My last words on this matter are: If you are unwilling to take the advice that your server is a bit underpowered for the task, then I guess you will just have to keep suffering.

And Whistler is correct about Apache tweaking or performance tuning. This is an additional procedure, but really won't do much on your current server IMO.

Back