• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is this even possible ?

D

dazz123

Hi,

Is it possible to see actual space used of individual mailnames from plesk 7.5.4 reloaded ? I can only see total space used of all mailnames for a domain.

hmm even possible ?

Thank you.

You could try the SSH Terminal in the GUI, or use regular SSH, then use the 'du' command under linux. We have never tried the GUI terminal, we lock out normal SSH ports and don't give SSH access to clients unless they have a dedicated server all their own...

Change directory to the domain's main maildir first:
Then give the du command (assuming the mail username is 'joe')

cd /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/
du joe

Alternative du commands:

du -s joe
(summarize the space, no listing of files)

du -hs joe
(summarize and report in human readable form, like 20.5M)

Hope this helps.

Thank you Shadow for taking the effort to answer ! You would of thought they would have a button by now for the domain user to see. It has happened so many times eg domain mailnames using 100 mbs space total and domain owner does not know which of his 50 mailnames :D is the one using all the space up. Most cases it is one mailname using 95% of all mailbox space used :cool: I have had this mildly irrating problem for years with plesk but guess I must be the only person this ever happens to (err don't think so heh) or it would of been added :)

Yes, I too agree, there are a great many little things which are simple to implement which they don't.

However, since they have the ability to define custom buttons, you could setup a button to run a script to gather the info and display it to the client.

This is actually possible from the plesk interface (although its not realtime)

Login to the admin
Click the relevant domain
Click report
Change from summary -> full

Then scroll down and you will see a break down of each of the mailboxes.

I and my staff stand corrected, and with egg on my face.

Mikk is correct about switching the domain report to 'full'. And it will work even when logged in as the domain user.

Thanks mikk!

(To tell the truth, I never even noticed that there was a pull down menu, my brain only saw the word 'summary' without noticing the pull down arrow) :rolleyes:

hehe

i totally agree that its not obvious - think i only come across it by accident when messing around with the interface :)

(personally i go the shell method to get a realtime view with a short script we put together that shows all the folder breakdowns as well if any of our customers want a full breakdown)

The sent-mail folder is the one that people often forget about and you can have loads of mail in there causing the issues.

omg I never even once noticed that full summary drop down lol. At least old Jamesy there never noticed it either which makes me feel semi-better hehehe

Thanks Mikk

Back