• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

issue after upgrade

tonyolm

Basic Pleskian
Had 4psa upgrade us from 7.03 to 7.5.4

They always do excellent work but I noticed a few issues and seeing I can't get them on the phone I want to see if anyone had this happen.

Issue 1:

I took the email that said my lin. key was wrong and went to the plesk page to upgrade it. I'm assuming it was my 7.03 key.

I got the "upgraded" key in email but when I try to manually upgrade it in the control panel I recieve

"The uploaded key file is not valid or does not contrain a lincense key. "

It's the key i got in email from swsoft after i did the key upgrade on thier site.

Does anyone know if there are like key upgrade steps? 7.0.3 to 7.1, up to 7.5.4 ? 4psa put on a temporary key but I would like to get this corrected.

issue 2:

No webmail on any of the domains. if i type webmail.onlinebuffalo.com it takes me to the default webpage for the server. It's doing this for all the domains on the upgraded machine. Worked fine before the upgrade.

issue 3:

Apache was 2.0 before the upgrade and now shows 1.3.31 on Information on Plesk components page. How would that of been downgraded from a plesk upgrade?

I'm going to feverishly look through the forums for these answers but if someone in plesk land knows the answer I would appreciate it :)

Too late :)

4psa got back to me before i got to the submit button on this forum!

They are great to work with.

Originally posted by tonyolm
issue 2:

No webmail on any of the domains. if i type webmail.onlinebuffalo.com it takes me to the default webpage for the server. It's doing this for all the domains on the upgraded machine. Worked fine before the upgrade.

I really think you should have searched the forum - this has been written about in many threads over the last year or so. But good to hear 4PSA solved your problem :)

issue 3:

Apache was 2.0 before the upgrade and now shows 1.3.31 on Information on Plesk components page. How would that of been downgraded from a plesk upgrade?

The Components page in Plesk does not always show the truth (this page is just generated via some information in the Plesk database and not the real info about the running software.

So if you're doubting the Apache version - please use, example: <?php phpinfo(); ?> in a php file to check what version is reported.

Back