• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue with Folder content using FTP

E

eleblanc

I'm having this issue on a specific box, some user are not being able to list folder contant using FTP. Those folder usually have alot of files 50+. If you use IE to ftp in the web root you will be unable to list the content of some folders (not all), If you use a FTP client for exemple like smart ftp or core ftp, it take 3-4 minute sometimes more to list the folder content, but it eventually does. If you use ftp dos command it works like a charm.

So one plesk technicien suggested that i needed to have port 20 open (i have the plesk firewall enabled, that is the windows firewall). SO i try that with no luck. So i test and disable the firewall and tada, all works.

I haven't got any solution from plesk yet so i'm asking here if anyone has any idea.?

well we solved that and a couple of other problems by setting the ftp server to only use port 21 and disable the passive mode
where it uses random ports

depends on which ftp server u use
but you should normally be able to login on the server behind plesk and open the server options and find the settings in there

we use gene6 and no problems there it works like a charm

I use IIS FTP, should i use serv-u or gene6

So my question would be how to prevent IIS ftp to use port not allowed by default plesk rules.?

Setting PASV Port Ranges

Passive FTP mode uses a different port number for sending files back to the client than the default FTP port of 21, which is used to send commands and responses.

You can't configure IIS to switch off passive FTP port support, but in IIS 6 you can configure the port range used, which makes it easier to select a port range and configure your firewall service to pass through the passive FTP traffic.

There is no front end for the configuration, but it can be set by directly modifying the XML metabase for IIS. The PassivePortRange property within the /LM/MSFTPSVC path should be used to specify the range of ports for PASV support.

further more there is a bug in iis ftp read below

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q163285/

i would recomend the gene6f ftp server its easey and you can use it to accounts outside the plesk at the same time we have chosen to do so with our backup system wich then access all domains from a nnother server to back them up

hope this will anwser your quesions ;o)

Back