• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

jooma and mambo error

R

randata

Hi
iam trying to setup joomla in my hosting
put i get the error
Session save path Unwriteable
/var/lib/php4

i have tryed to chmod 777 to the directory but still no go
somoen here who has a beder ide?

Try to change PHP session.save_path variable in /etc/php.ini file to

"tmp"

If it doesn't help - try "/var/lib/php4/session"

Do not forget to restart Apache after making changes.

I have installed PHP 5 and I dont have php4 dir
I have changed /etc/php.ini to /tmp but still receive error
Which exactly php.ini is responsible for vhosts on vps with PHP 5.2 and Zend Engine?

Hello,

This is not a Plesk issue, but php related. I even wonder if it isn't joomla/mambo related because we didn't notice this behavior on other scripts.

Joomla/mambo will refuse to see the session safe path if your php version is 4.4.x or 5.1.x (possible 5.2.x, we upgraded from 5.0.5 to 5.2.4).

There are 2 possible solutions to the problem:

1) set the session safe path in vhost.conf and have it point to a directory within the virtual hosts httpdocs domain. Don't forget to 777 that directory.

2) set safe mode off

If you choose to set of safe mode off you also need to set of safe mode off in php.ini. Plesk enteres a safe mode = on in every single virtual host so it doesn't matter if its off or on in the php.ini.
You need to do this because of the virtual hosts, php sometimes has trouble to get the correct _ENV and will pass the _ENV from domainX to domainY

hopes this helps a bit
Jan

Back