• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Joomla 1.0.3 for Plesk released

wow, that is a good thing :p

my most clients are now shifting to joomla from mambo. so its a good thing now ;)

nice!

..but i get an error when i want to install the rpm on the plesk web interface....

after i say OK, the system say:
sappmng: popen_exe:command failed code:1 error: none

im on 7.5.4 / suse 9.1

Please install the rpm through shell access. There is a slight problem in frontend of plesk in which you cannot install this RPM.

It seems that the frontend expects different rpm specs files then installing through shell access...

I did not find the specs yet, so if anyone has those, please post them here!

However i just followed the manual from plesk in packaging ... so i don't know what could go wrong also.. maybe a bug in plesk ?

one thing :)

please put some help like command line refrence and how to install using SSH for newbies.

(that i need for myself as well :: not as a newbie, but frankly speaking, i can not put my hand in plesk-related things with confidence)

Ok,

1) Transfer the rpm to your linux distro
2) Login to SSH or Telnet with root access
3) Go to the directorie where you put the file
4) rpm -Uhv Joomla-1.0.3-1.rpm

Will do the trick!

:) thanx, i worked around it, and its working perfectly fine now.

I have posted something on joombers after this RPM :p

I just posted a new release 1.0.3-2
This one is installable through the Plesk GUI, thanks to ART!

What about the latest security update?

It was released on 21st nov. as well.

Dear Pascal,

I tried to install the two new rpm's but unfortunately they both gave the same error message "This is not a valid application package" (I was just a little nosy if there was a difference with the first release, which works fine)

BTW what is the difference between "src" and "noarch" (I am a newbie, you know)

Thanks in advance.

Pieter

Originally posted by Pietervdr
Dear Pascal,

I tried to install the two new rpm's but unfortunately they both gave the same error message "This is not a valid application package" (I was just a little nosy if there was a difference with the first release, which works fine)

Thanks in advance.

Pieter

You will have to install the rpm throuh SSH.

btw, if you are using ART, instead of YUM udpate, or yum upgrade, you ask yum to install it.

yum install joomla

it will do the trick.

how to use ART? simply search this forum, or visit the site.

Originally posted by Pietervdr
"src" is the 'source code' version - you won't need this unless you want to modify and recompile the application package

"noarch" means the application is not tied to a specific architecture (i386, i686, sun, etc)

If you downloaded the "src" file and tried to install it, that might explain the error you are getting.

anyone have running art!s 1.04?

ive installed it, but every time ill log in as admin i just becom a "no admin configured" or similar.

no entrys in the jos_users table.

It seems that the package doesn't create some of the vital users and maps, the reconfigure script tries to update the admin user but it hasn't been created so nothing to update.

I haven't had chance to go through the package yet but on a normal Joomla install it is install4.php that takes care of creating the admin user and the access control maps, without these a manually added admin will not work.

If you have an install then you first need to create the admin user, create an access object and an access control map

here is the code from the install4.php file that may help you do this:

PHP:
	// create the admin user
	$installdate = date('Y-m-d H:i:s');
	$query = "INSERT INTO `#__users` VALUES (62, 'Administrator', 'admin', '$adminEmail', 
'$cryptpass', 'Super Administrator', 0, 1, 25, '$installdate', '$nullDate', '', '')";
	$database->setQuery( $query );
	$database->query();
	// add the ARO (Access Request Object)
	$query = "INSERT INTO `#__core_acl_aro` VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0)";
	$database->query();
	// add the map between the ARO and the Group
	$query = "INSERT INTO `#__core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (25,'',10)";
	$database->query();

well, who will fix this thing? the server admin, art? or the joomla guys? :-s

ChipMonk I think you will have to DIY, but it's probably best not to use a Joomla template at present unless you know how to manually update one, as they are releasing bug fixes every couple of weeks, at present they are up to version 1.0.7

Back