1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Just installed!

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by Speedy059, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedy059

Speedy059 Basic Pleskian

23%
    I'm a little bit dumb founded by the simplicity of this thing. I thought configuring service nodes would require me logging into those nodes (SSH or RDC) and installing the packages that is necessary. However, all you do is add the login details and this thing takes it from there!?

I'm a bit excited to use this to start offering Windows Hosting and possibly switch over linux hosting to this. I can't wait for the release of this software as it's extremely promising.

Couple questions:
    1) I see that you can add an IIS service node, how about MsSQL service node?
    2) How do you add other email service nodes besides the standard linux ones, such as adding SmarterMail servers?
    3) Is there a release date on this thing, what part are you in the SDLC??

2. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Regular Pleskian

Hi Speedy059,

1) You can register any existing database server (MsSQL, MySQL, Postgres) to PPA in the section Infrastructure -> Database Servers. But, in this case, database server should be installed and configured. Then, we will add a special role to install MSSQL server on the node.

2) Please read this topic

3) Release date is scheduled on the Oct, 15th. We are going to release updates every quarter

Best Regards,
    Andrey

3. Speedy059

Speedy059 Basic Pleskian

23%
    I looked at that topic but it didn't confirm any SmarterMail integration, just something about a connector. Will there only be SmarterMail integration if the SmarterTools company complies to your connector requirements?

4. Blake@Parallels

Blake@Parallels Regular Pleskian

73%
    Yep, exactly!

5. Speedy059

Speedy059 Basic Pleskian

23%
    Are they willing to do that? As I really want to use SmarterMail in PPA and other Parallel offerings. I hope they will comply with this...

6. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Regular Pleskian

Hi Speedy059,

Some words about integration with third-parties mail servers. The current Postfix implementation based on APS package. The structure of package you can find here. It consists of APP-META.xml and configuration scripts for provisoning mail accounts and settings. APP-META.xml is meta info to present Plesk Mail Systems in terms of APS. The configuration scripts defined in APS package may work with Plesk Postfix backend utilities. To make integration with other mail servers like "SmarterMail" and "Qmail" and "MailEnable" and etc, just need to modify provisioning scripts and create a new package and, then, install to PPA.

We have plans to

a) Describe process of integration with other mail servers
    b) Make integration with mail servers supported by Plesk (not only Postfix)

Best Regards,
    Andrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.