• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Lack of Plesk Support from GoDaddy

calderwood

Regular Pleskian
I've been having problems with Plesk 8.6 on a dedicated server at GoDaddy but have been told by their tech support that Plesk 9.0 is not approved for use on dedicated servers (obviously, there dedicated servers are not stand alone) and if I upgrade it probably won't work. My Plesk updater gives this error:
Error: Error in Package::createFromCache: input line 1: no packages

Malformed entry in the package description: the second character is not a
colon.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support..

When I contacted GoDaddy support (as the message states), I got this response:
Please note that we unfortunately will not be able to assist with this matter.
Please note that we do not provide support for issues resulting from upgrading your software, or with the update process itself. Thank you for your understanding regarding this policy.

Seems I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. GoDaddy also routes ALL email through their own servers which are always getting spammed, yet we have our own mail server - go figure! Probably the NSA checking my mail.

Can anyone recommend a good data center where I can rent a linux server and easily transfer all of me files/accounts over (90GB) to the new server, preferably with Plesk.

Got to give credit to GoDaddy support. They saw this listing on this forum and called me about my problems - and fixed them. Seems they do support the Plesk control panel after all - just haven't informed their frontline support staff.

Nick from GD support was very helpful and fixed the Plesk problems and went out of his way to solve the problems.

Now if they could give that same support when you actually submit a support ticket, life would be sweet. I'll stick with them a little longer.

GD Support comes through

Got to give credit to GoDaddy support. They saw this listing on this forum and called me about my problems - and fixed them. Seems they do support the Plesk control panel after all - just haven't informed their frontline support staff.

Nick from GD support was very helpful and fixed the Plesk problems and went out of his way to solve the problems.

Now if they could give that same support when you actually submit a support ticket, life would be sweet. I'll stick with them a little longer.

Back