• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Large size difference between backups

J

Jorge del R

Hello.

Last Sunday I made a backup copy and everything ok:
Plesk: 9.2.3
Size: 10.4 GB.

Today I've done another one and everything ok:
Plesk: 9.3
Size: 4.10 GB

Both backups:
- Complete server
- Domains are suspended

Before I made the second backup I deleted all Application Packaging Standard (APS) , because I don't use it.
And no other important change in the server. Files are more o less the same.

Is possible this difference between this two backup? Or is the second one corrupt or not doing complete server?

(Take a look pic attached)

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• tamano.jpg
    tamano.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 3
Any help?
How can I check if really the server was restored completely?
Because 6GB of difference size it too much.
A new backup is 4.1 GB again
9.3 version does the backup more compressed?
Or what is the diffence?

Thanks a lot!

A new backup is made with 4.1GB.
Is 9.3 version more efficient in backup size?
Please any help in Parallels staff?

Thanks a lot!

Did you tried to restore this backup? Does it work correctly after restoring? Do you have something missing after restoring?

Hello.
As you know from my other post I have been about 7 days without data in my server.
Las week I restored the 10Gb size backup.
And I cannot try again with this new backup because if the backup is broken I cannot be some days without server again.
Today a backup has been done againg and is 4GB size.
Plesk 9.3 is more efficiente in backup? Or the all Application Packaging Standard (APS) I deleted?

PS: I think restoring a backup is not the way to check if a backup is corrupt. Because I don't risk my server to be down again. I think any other tool can be used to know it.

Please help!

I don't know why you have this size of backup and as I know there was not any additional efficiente in 9.3.0 backup. Therefore I can only suggest you to restore backup on other Plesk system and check it there.

I don't have any other server to try.
In a personal local machine (my laptop) with CentOS and Plesk 9.3 (demo/try mode because I don't have another license) the backup will be restore similar than in my server? Or does it store some information or configuration from the server than made this restore impossible?
Untar this tar backup is an option too?

Thanks a lot!

You can ask trial Plesk license from your sales representative for test purpose. Then install Plesk to any server with this trial license and try to restore this backup with usual Plesk backup restoration procedure as it is described in Plesk documentation.

Back