• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Limiting the nuumber of templates per user

B

blazesoft

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can limit the number of template available on a per user basis. I know I can set Plans and then add any number to that plan but I need to be able to do it on a per user basis so if we have a customer I can use 1 template and they don't have access to any more. Its not feasible for me to have to crate a plan per customer.

Thanks

Hi Dmitry

Is there a limit on the number of plans I could have. For example if we run 250 user licences can we have 240 odd plans so that I could have a Plan per customer?

thanks

Hi,

Don't suppose this is on the roadmap anywhere so that different numbers of templates can be assigned to different users?

On the point of functionality is there a public roadmap on any new features or major fixes, what they are and when they might be likely to appear.

I'm still really eager to get the SEO improvements (Page title tag seperated from the Page name)

Thanks

Hi,

On the release notes for this new hotfix Item 4 says

[+] Uploading custom header banner has been improved: additional ways of picture resizing have been implemented.

Is there a way to get more information on this as it is too vague to understand. I havent applied the patch yet as I wanted to understand whats changed as I had a way (non standard) of being able to work with headers beyond what you supply using a workaround with one particular template that let me upload a large customer header and use it in about 25% of other designs

Thanks

Blazesoft,

Just to provide an alternative answer to your question regarding assigning templates.

First of all, it is cumbersome to create a lot of plans, assign templates and maintain/administer the plans.

Hence, an alternative could be found in creating a custom template set, with a number of templates in it. This is done by using the Sitebuilder SDK and just thinking of the templates as themes and the template set as the "template".

Seems confusing, but in essence, the SDK provides you with a number of ways of packaging various sites and themes in one template set.

However, restrictions arise in the sense of menu's and master pages (amongst others).

In 90% of the cases, you will not encounter these restrictions and you can offer your customer a number of styles/sites/templates in one custom package.

In the other 10% of cases, there is always a tweak possible: for example, you can make use of nested master pages and menus.

In the windows sitebuilder case, it is rather straightforward.

In the unix sitebuilder case, it is a little more complex. As long as you have root access and xsl(t) knowledge, you can tweak the file template.xsl and add code to make nested templates/menus possible.

Only, be aware that there is always a more simple approach. Before trying to tweak xsl files, first try to imagine whether easier methods are available. In most cases, there are, due to the SDK and the possibility of (simple) custom templates.

If you any questions, just mail...

As a note to Dmitry,

I am not aware of initiatives to simplify the development of custom templates.

In essence, the preview/edit modes AND the specific format of data in the corresponding directories should be making it possible that people can modify the templates to some extent.

I noticed you allow for disabling the template, but that seems a bit silly. It would be more simple to allow users to disable specific components on a template, or move components to other regions.

I noticed that we have a SDK, rendering templates from html and sitebuilder controls.

I also know that it is not difficult to change a html page to a xsl template and that we do exactly that when designing a custom master page and rendering a template with the SDK.

In short, why do we not have a function in sitebuilder, allowing to create a html page and changing it to the master page??

It is such a small change in the program and so convenient (simply put an additional step in the process: choose between design or create your own masterpage).

Hope to hear from you soon..........

Back