• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Link to access PHP MYAdmin

G

globodata

Is there anyway to access PHP MyAdmin without accessing the control panel ?

I fixed this by creating a subdomain in each domain, that's named phpmyadmin.dubdomain.com. :eek:)

I just copied the phpmyadmin folder to this subdomain folder.

I couldn´t make it work. Which files I have to copy ? Where are they ?

I´ve downloaded the PHP MyAdmin and extracted the files into a folder inside httpdocs (I haven´t created the subdomain).

However, when I access this folder, I´ve got an error message :

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

I supposed there´s no problem using a folder instead of a sub-domain, but from what I understand, the problem is how to give the login and password to access PHP MyAdmin. How do you d that ? I mean, the login and pasword ?

Hello Globodata,

Please try this:
Open phpmyadmin directory> search for the file called "config.inc.php" open the file with notepad, scroll down till you will see a line saying this: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; // Authentication method"

Please change the 'config' line to 'cookie'

Save the changes clear your webbrowsers cookies and try again to access your phpmyadmin via your web browser.

It should work, please let me know if you should get another errors.

Regards,

Henry

Thank you for your answer.

I´ve done what you said, but It doesn´t work. The problem I think is that I have to configure a login and password and when I open PHP MyAdmin, it must ask for it.

See ther what I get when I access it :

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.5.7-pl1 - Login
The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret).

You can see it at this link : http://67.18.132.146/fna.com.br/mysql/index.php

Thanks,

Hi,
Yes you are correct, you need to create a database (mysql) and a username for the particular DB in your Plesk control panel.
Then login in to your phpmyadmin over your web browser and then type in as username the username of the DB that you just created and the password. That will work.
Or if you want to access ALL your DB's then please use your admin access, probably : user: admin password: is your PLESK password.

Sorry, I did not see exactly your post , so here is the info that you have to change in the config.inc.php file:

Open phpmyadmin directory> search for the file config.inc.php> scroll down until you will see the following line:

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = ' '; (please place there an password of your choice. and it should look like this:

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'yourpasswordcomeshere';

Please let me know

Henry

Great ! It´s working now.

Thank you very much for your help and let me know, anytime, if you need something.

Back