• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Load Balance/Cluster Options

D

DavidBauman

Greetings,

Swsoft claims they officially do not support any methods of clustering/load balancing.

Is anyone doing this with the Unix Plesk platform? Any ability to have a stand-by backup server?

I would prefer a load balanced scenario, but will settle for any solution where if one server went down, there was another one to pick up the load.

Thanks,

David Bauman

I'm looking for the same information Sw-Soft doesnt even respond to my emails regarding this questions about plesk and lbc, it would be lovelly to be able to setup mysql to run in master-slave mode, and both servers using the master mysql server (lets say in server1) and in case of failure the mysql server slave (in serve2) can take the control until master gets back...

The idea is clear, the problem is to put it into practice, i think plesk wont allow us to use a remote mysql server.

if you managed to get a solution or workarround for this, i would love if you can share it here.

Best regards,

Originally posted by JLChafardet
I'm looking for the same information Sw-Soft doesnt even respond to my emails regarding this questions about plesk and lbc, it would be lovelly to be able to setup mysql to run in master-slave mode, and both servers using the master mysql server (lets say in server1) and in case of failure the mysql server slave (in serve2) can take the control until master gets back...

The idea is clear, the problem is to put it into practice, i think plesk wont allow us to use a remote mysql server.

if you managed to get a solution or workarround for this, i would love if you can share it here.

Best regards,

Any new on this topic?

Plesk 8 does allow you to use remote MySQL. I don't know whether that means you can do load balancing in practice.

Originally posted by breun
Plesk 8 does allow you to use remote MySQL. I don't know whether that means you can do load balancing in practice.

Thanks for the response,

Is it possible to load balance a whole plesk server?

at the moment no, and the support for remote mysql server, doesnt means that it can use the mysql on another server for itself. it only gives you the ability to create mysql databases on an external server, which can be at different DC or over private network dedicated only to mysql.

never said "which have to be" clearly said "which can be" indeed the more coherent way to put it is over private network between 2 the servers over 100 or even 1000 mbps link.

Back