• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Loading templates

ramiss

New Pleskian
Does anyone find it the least bit rediculous that we have to load 111 individual files into this script to install all of the templates? This is taking forever.

How about:

a) allowing you to choose all of the files and having the script upload them one at a time off your drive automatically. After all computers are good at LOOPS

or...

b) allowing you to upload one big zip file and have the script unzip them and install at the server end.

Or am I just missing something here?

well

php.ini file upload limits ?
(including but to limited to : php.ini, lol) memory size limits ? like uploading (http POSTing) AND processing a file of many hundred megabytes in size ...

how about getting around the automated installation process by simply uploading these templates into the repository dir ? afaik it can be done. u'd still have to download the packs one by one and untar-them tho.. :(

I dont mind downloading them. But why it wont let me upload the zips as they come I don't understand. Why do I have to further unzip the file and then spend hours uploading.

After all this software assumes you have Admin access to your server. Why not just allow us to copy the files to a folder on the server through remote desktop or the linux equivilent. Or even ftp!

Just seems like they way it is done now is a huge waste of time and not very user friendly.

I originally sent all the files up in grouped zips, then had major problems - all templates were installed, but plan management only shows about 60.

Lots of features in the admin menu stopped working - or were greyed out.

So... I killed all templates and installed them one by one - took ages - and realied half way through should do it directly on the server - that flew then!..

We found that by doing it one by one, we could confirm that the template was OK - we found that 5 or 6 were corrupt - and that was causing the problem.

All features and options worked ok then (apart from ecommerce - but thats another story).

I SFTP'd the RPMs of the Templates and through SSH installed 300 templates in about 20 minutes.

Back