• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Location status: Error

N

norad

I am getting this error when trying to publish my secound site on the same server , the first sites publishes fine , the second site is configured the same as the first , with differnt ip. all sights are on the sitebuilder server .
1. the dns resolves - sistasnaction.com
2. works - the dir appdir and bin were created
please help

Logs are below

Creation date Monday, August 13, 2007 5:33:51 AM
Level Warning
Source System
Class name SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker
User name n12swsoftadmin
Representative
IP address 216.217.177.172
Requested URL /Admin/SiteMgmt/SiteList.aspx?SiteID=bb0d2c1a-77a5-4565-aa2c-81b72429c8ca
Referrer URL
User agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Message Publish Location checker, CheckDefaultDocumentsPriority step error
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.GetContentByUrl(String url)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.CheckDocuments(String fileNameToDelete, String fileNameToRequest)

Hello,
This message in log denotes that there are problems with "default document" settings:

On the Publish step page should be corresponding error message in this case.

the popup error is
Location status: Error

Details:
There is either a problem with connecting to the HTTP server specified in the web site URL, or the web site URL does not correspond to the specified publishing location

the log file is below

Creation date Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:34:41 AM
Level Warning
Source System
Class name SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker
User name n12swsoftadmin
Representative
IP address 216.217.177.172
Requested URL /Admin/SiteMgmt/SiteList.aspx?SiteID=bb0d2c1a-77a5-4565-aa2c-81b72429c8ca
Referrer URL
User agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.GetContentByUrl(String url)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.CheckDocuments(String fileNameToDelete, String fileNameToRequest

This message is a little inaccurate. The problem is: Sitebuilder tries to request site's root url, expecting site returns default page content. And it doesn't work, so please check default page settings on the publication place.

the defaul document is set to default.aspx
If i change it to something else , I will get a default document priorty error popup

If you try to publish only static site (when site has no modules), then you need to add 'default.htm' at the top of the list:
The order in which the default documents (default.htm, default.aspx, and so on) will be used to respond the browser request is defined (working directory menu > Properties > Documents tab).
Full requirements list is here:
http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBui...itebuilder-4.0-win-admins-guide/host_reqs.htm

If it still doesn't help, let's clarify all details:
1. Publication place is runned undo IIS or Apache?
2. Does anonymous account has efficient access to default page?

I added default.htm , so both default pages are specified , and it now works .

Thanks alot

Back