• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Login issue

C

ChrisO@

I recently set up a test server running Plesk 9.0 (Tial) which I and a couple of colleges tested. When we were happy I set up another server and this time got it licensed. Now anyone running windows xp cannot log in, Vista clients can however log in. When people running XP tries to login it just says "login incorrect". Has anyone seen this before?

Hello,

Do you want to migrate the database on another server?

Thanks

Server Techs what does that have to do with a login issue?

Anyways to backup your database and move it use phpmyadmin which is built into plesk control panel.

Use export and import.

Refer to your plesk manual or refer to phpmyadmin documentation online for details how to do that

No, I am trying to login with admin. Logging in from a PC running Vista works, but as soon as I try to log in from a PC running XP, it says "login incorrect".

Do a full browser cleanup then try again

For IE7 tools - delete browser history - delete all

Then try again sounds like you maybe have auto complete or something saving passwords that is causing the issue

For sure its not a plesk issue. I have many clients who use windows xp and never have had this issue. I also checked a xp machine and experience no issues as well.

If your not using IE what browser are you using?

Back