• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Login to Plesk CP hangs "Please wait. Loading"

R

ryanryan

After performing an upgrade to the base packages, when I go to login to Plesk CP (7.5.4) it comes up with the normal "Please wait. Loading" box with the layer behind inactive. Looking at the javascript console it has errors with "_body_onunload is not defined", and the rest are CSS errors (which wouldnt stop the page from loading).

Another is missing ) after argument list (login_up.php3) SetContext(''login_up'');
_body_onload is not defined.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience these? Changing browsers makes no difference.

Mine is just hanging too, although I have performed no upgrades (from 7.1) and have no JS error. Just hangs and doesn't log in :/

Originally posted by dynaweb
Mine is just hanging too, although I have performed no upgrades (from 7.1) and have no JS error. Just hangs and doesn't log in :/

I do not get to the point of username or password entry. Do you get this far? Same JS errors?

Perhaps it is merely permissions. I hope it isn't related to rpm versions.

I think after rebooting and clearing my browser cache it started working again.

Hmm I wish it was that easy. This is definatly server side.

Ohwell, im going to mess around with trying to downgrade to 7.5.3, or something.

Helloooo any Plesk support people there!

Yeh, mine was just out of the blue (not dure to upgrading like yours) so I knew you were more screwed than I was. Anyhow, the body_onunload is a function of javascript which is clientside. I have a server plesk version 7.5.2 and in the source of the login.php3?previous_page=index there is in the header:
Code:
		<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function _body_onload()
{
	loff();
	SetContext('login_up');

setFocus();
}

function _body_onunload()
{
	lon();

}
and the body tag:
Code:
	<body onLoad="_body_onload();" onUnload="_body_onunload();" id="mainLogin">
If it were me, I would make a copy of that page then take out the onunload function, then try it again. So the body tag would change to:
Code:
	<body onLoad="_body_onload();" id="mainLogin">
or just:
Code:
	<body id="mainLogin">
then give her another try. Sometimes that type of troubleshooting works :)

I would just edit the file myself, however, but the page is php generated, and encoded (with zend I think).

I replaced the entire php set of files, including the javascript directory with the 7.5.3 version and the same thing happens.

Re-installing the 7.5.4 over the top didn't do anything, and there were not any errors when I did so.

I know what I want to remove as well

SetContext(''login_up'');

double single quotes.

With apache, Magic quotes are off, and even having them on made no difference.

Can't see it happening anywhere else in the rendered html.

Try a previous version perhaps? Maybe!

Ahh yes I forgot about that. You know it takes a real "special" kind of programmer for a real"special" piece of software to encode a simple login page like that :/

Anyhow, have you tried skipping the login form and using the url only?

Code:
https://123.123.123.123:8443/login_up.php3?login_name=admin&passwd=12345

Back