• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Backup Problem

L

lacer

Hi,

I did a backup with plesk backup utility. After restore process, my e-mails are included but old e-mail messages does no appear. Whe i look at backup file on folder MailContent, i see the messages files like:

Msg1.msg
Msg2.msg

if plesk is not restoring, how can i restore it? I have 5000 mails that need to be restored.

Thanks!!

I suspect that mail servers on the source and target servers are not the same
it is only possibly to restore with different Mail servers on from Plesk 8.3 to Plesk 8.3

How are encoded the .msg files ?

Plesk 8.3 windows on w2k3 with MailEnable

In the backup (the .psa file) we can extract every files (html, jpg etc) without problem.
But emails are .msg extensions (not .mai) and their content are encoded in a unreadable format.

Exemple : msg22.msg
xœì½Y“ãH–.ÖÓwæöíÂÂd¦½ÉÄÉ

Can someone help me to know how to restore some backuped emails ?

Thanks !
Francois
---------
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp\PSABackupLogs\20090727.03\cmd.log
Log: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp\3b99df9c-27b6-492c-a805-8ab737b9ca4a\MailMigrator\MailMigrator.xml

psamail.log
07/27/2009 03:01:06 : Mail backup for account [email protected] on mail server MailEnable v.1.981 started,finished...
---------
I don't know if i'm on the good way but I tried
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\BackupUtils\PSAMailrestore.exe --dump="c:\temp"
says
"Warning:Accounts are not given. Please enter valid accounts information manually"
and if i specified the account file (i don't know what it is...) (event if I put all possible access to the folder)
--account-file="c:\temp"
Error:Access to the path 'c:\temp' is denied.
--account-file="c:\temp\doc.txt"
Error:Root element is missing.
That's where I am for now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

In my server psamailbackup.exe is running daily, while running this service automatically server gets load.So please know how to stop it permanently.

Back