• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail group problem

V

ViktorN

Hello,

I have following problem with Mail group setup at Plesk mail settings. (Plesk 9.2.1. CentOS5, postfix)

Let me describe it:

I have domain abcde.ru, there is a number of email accounts, and one of them (lets say [email protected]) should be a multi-recipient account.

I do the following (and it's currently done):

1. Home -> Domains -> Mail accounts
2. New mail account test@ with unchecked "mailbox" checkbox.
3. Under the "Mail group" settings i have a couple email addresses stated that should get incoming mail sent to [email protected]
4. Mail group is switched on

I've read plesk manual concerning mail group setup and looks like everything setup correctly, but when i send mail to [email protected] it comes to /var/qmail/mailnames/abcde.ru/test/Maildir/new and that's all. The problem is:
1. It doesn't delivered to mail group members
2. It's kept inside of maildir (but mailbox is unchecked, so no real mailbox should exists).

Please help me to understand why plesk/postfix doesn't works normally in that way.

Regards,
Viktor.

It's a bug. I have the same issue with my installation. It was supposed to be fixed in 9.2.1...

Messages sent to a mail group are not delivered to the sender when Postfix mail server is used bug is fixed.

But it's still a problem. If you send the message to the group address from an address that's a member of the group, you won't receive the message.

I'm not sure what's going on there, but support for Postfix has been really poor... lots of bugs.

This is happening for me however it isn't limited to sender who are part of the group. I have set up [email protected] and turned off mailbox and added one group member [email protected] and turned on the group. When I send an email to [email protected] I don't get the email at [email protected]. Unfortunately this is a HUGE problem as I have a client with about 120 employees that uses about 30 different mail groups and I have no good answer to solve this.

Nope, mchk doesn't fix the problem. I have tried this on multiple accounts with multiple domains and the problem is the same, everything seems to go into a 'black hole' with no error messages being returned.

I have noticed something strange, I have 2 servers with CentOS 5.3 64-bit installed Plesk 9.2.2 all updating from ART with all recent updates. The server that I am having the group problem with has Postfix 2.3.3-2.1.el-5_2 installed. The other server does not show Postfix being installed at all but psa-qmail 1.03-cos5.build90090127.18. So the question of the day is 1) how in the world is it that both aren't the same 2) how does one (that is not a Linux mail guru) go about removing Postfix and configuring Qmail

Back