• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail problem

D

Doug_M

Hi,

I'm running Qmail on SuSE 9.1. The system was set up by my service provider and I'm not familiar with Qmail myself (Postfix guy). Anyway, the system is not received external email and when I use Horde to try to send email I get:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 in /usr/share/psa-horde/pear/Net/Socket.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/psa-horde/pear/Net/Socket.php:108) in /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/psa-horde/pear/Net/Socket.php:108) in /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc on line 5

I can send mail internally (i.e. from root to a user on one of my domains). Port 25 is not blocked via firewall but Plesk is set up as per the default to require SMTP auth.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Doug

Some more info. netstat -an shows that nothing is listening on port 25. But qmail is running. Here is ps -ax | grep qmail

3163 ? S 0:00 qmail-send
3166 ? S 0:00 splogger qmail
3167 ? S 0:00 qmail-lspawn ./Maildir/
3168 ? S 0:00 qmail-rspawn
3169 ? S 0:00 qmail-clean
3251 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/spamd --username=popuser --daemonize --helper-home-dir=/var/qmail --max-children 20 --pidfile=/var/run/spamd_full.pid --socketpath=/tmp/spamd_full.sock --siteconfigpath=/dev/null
3253 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/spamd --username=popuser --daemonize --helper-home-dir=/var/qmail --max-children 20 --pidfile=/var/run/spamd_light.pid --socketpath=/tmp/spamd_light.sock --siteconfigpath=/dev/null
3410 pts/0 R+ 0:00 grep qmail

Hello,

I also have a problem with my email.
I have a server from Aplus and it was setup using Plesk. It's much easier for me to do things manually then messing with Plesk, so Ive never used it for configuration yet.

I've setup Qmail correctly with Maildirs, and the server accepts email and stores it in the users Maildir.

However, now I need to let the user check their email with POP3, but I can't get Courier-Imap working. It's athentication was "authpsa", which I assume is plesk. I've tried changing it to "authshadow" but now instead of giving a "ERR - invalid pass", it just ends the connection after I give it a User and Password. I did restart it once I made the changes.

Any suggestions about how to change the default "authpsa"?
Thank you,
Alex

I've seemed to solve the problem. Comparing an older Plesk 7 server with this one I discovered I was somehow missing smtp_psa and smtps_psa from /etc/xinetd.d. I simply copied them over and everything seems fine.

Well, good job mccomber, but I still can't figure out my problem

@Punisher - if you are not going to use Plesk, but rather do it all manually, then I would suggest removing the PSA versions of Horde/Courier/IMAP,IMP and replacing them with the standard RPM versions. For that matter, why not remove Plesk entirely so it won't get in your way of manually setting everything up?

Well, I don't want to remove Plesk, in fact if I do that, I'll mess up the entire system, and it is very good, my system is up and running ok, because of Plesk, but the only problem I have, is that I can't authenticate POP3 emails with "authpsa" module, because it gives a "login failed" error. And that's why I tried to replace it with "authshadow" in the first place.
The users/passwords are ok, even the "telnet host POP3" thing doesn't work, same "authpsa login error".

That's my only problem.
Thank you,
Alex

Did you figure out what this was?

Just wondering if you determined what the problem was on this?

I have exactly the same problem.

A user can login to pop that exists in /etc/passwd but any plesk created users cannot. The /etc/courier-imap/pop3d is set to use authpsa & poppasswd but its obviously not working.

Back