• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail processing on different server

E

exothermic

How do I configure plesk not to process mail for a domain hosted via plesk? I know I need to change the MX (I can handle that) but then I also need to tell qmail to forward mail for that domain. This is what I don't know how to do or how to make it permanent so that it won't come back next time the config files are regenerated via plesk.

Thank

Shadow man, nice post. Question is it possible to setup a domain in plesk to only accept mail from a specific domain. I use an external spam server for SOME domains on plesk. However, the spammers sometime send directly to "mail.domain.com' which of course bypasses my spam box. I would like to configure qmail for certain domains to only accept mail from the ip of my spam box.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Andrew

AFAIK, with the stock Plesk supplied Qmail, it is not possible to do this, especially on a per domain basis.

For a server wide solution, you could use the firewall (IPTABLES) to possibly only allow port 25 connection from your IP(s). This would be on the INPUT chain.

I've never done it, so I don't know off the top of my head what the exact rule would be....

Back