• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail "reject" is not "rejecting"

C

chiefgofor

In dealing with Spam problems clogging up QMail, I set a bunch of domains to "reject" "Mail to nonexistent user".

The problem is that if I send an email to "[email protected]", I get a bounceback. I have tried restarting QMail after I made the change, but it still did not work.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Did you try executing of mchk utility?
================================
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
================================

If you see the domains are set up to reject incomings to non-existent users, but still see it is not working, then the configuration did not applied for some reason. Execution of 'mchk' should update all Qmail configs and actual rejecting should start working.

I got the following message:

[root@web01 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
drwebmng: Service /etc/init.d/drwebd failed to stop
mchk: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/drwebmng execution failed:
mchk: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/drwebmng execution failed:

I tried stopping Dr.Web and running the command again and I get the same thing and when I look at Dr.Web again, it is running.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

EDIT: I still get bounce backs as well. Thank you!

Does the command "/etc/init.d/drwebd start/stop" work fine when executing directly by hands?

If still doesn't work, then try reinstalling the 'psa-drweb' RPM package, it isn't dangerous, but could help.

Finally you should get 'mchk' execution to pass without any problems.

And just to make sure, could you please show here a full bounce email (all headers + message body)?

Back