• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Relaying

K

kmzahir

I have MailEnable Mail server on my webserver.

I have set following on MailEnable

Enabled Relay--Also Enabled Authorization required--Also Enabled Priviledged IPs and included Webserver's Ip and 127.0.0.1

And in Plesk Server wide mail settings--Enabled Authorization required.

My problem is that my customers are not able to send mails from local domain address to external mails like gmail, hotmail, yahoo etcc...When sending mails from outlook it's working fine, but mails are not received by external servers like gmail, yahoo, and hotmail.

What's the cause ?

Whats the error Outlook returns?
I guess it's got to do with enabling "My server requires authentication..." in Outlook account settings.

As I told u b4 outlook returns no errors and it's working fine. only thing that the recepients are not receiving the mails.

pls note that the webserver was listed in open relay in ORDB and now it's clear as I have enabled Authorization required for smtp.

Run MailEnable Diagnose test, maybee your SMTP DNS settings are incorrent and this way msgs get stuck in Outbound queue

Cud u pls tell me what's the setting I have to do in Plesk for smtp relaying ?

Your SMTP Relay settings are okay.
Check in your SMTP settings (also in SMTP Connector properties) that "Local Domain Name" and "DNS addresses" are set correctly.

You should check your Firewall settings. It should allow outbound 25 port.
If it is closed there will be no errors but mail will not reach external mailbox.

Back